Author Topic: Looking for Annie Janet Thompson (nee Watt)  (Read 955 times)

Offline coffieqween

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for Annie Janet Thompson (nee Watt)
« on: Friday 21 March 14 22:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi

My Great Aunt Annie Janet Watt was born in Croydon, Surrey, England 19th March 1889, she emigrated to US and arrived in New York on the 27th August 1912.
She married Burton Samuel Thompson in Welland, Ontario, Canada on the 24th June 1916 (2nd wife), the went on to have 6 possibly 7 children:

(*)born abt 1913 (daughter of Burton and possible daughter or sept daughter to Annie Janet as born prior to marriage)
Nellie born abt 1918
Virginia J born abt 1920
Robert N born abt 1925
Kenneth L born abt 1926
(*) born abt 1930
Thelma F born abt 1930

I have found them in the 1920 census living in Rochester Ward 22, Monroe, New York and in the 1930 census living in Brighton, Monroe, New York. So far I have been unable to find them in the 1940's census but have found them in the US City Directory's for 1943 and 1944 living in Rochester, New York.

Annie died in Springwater, Livingston, New York in January 1977 aged 87 years.

Would any one be able to help me in locating them in the 1940's census or if any one is researching the people listed above it would be great to hear from you.

Many Thanks

Marie

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Cumming, Henderson, Gemmell (Gamble, Gimble), Small, Donnagheu?, Watt, Moyes, Cranston, Rice and many more

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Annie Janet Thompson (nee Watt)
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 22 March 14 18:45 GMT (UK) »
I found an obituary for Kenneth from 2011 that indicates that 2 of his siblings are still living, so I removed their names from your post.  I will send it to you via private message.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 22 March 14 18:50 GMT (UK) »
There is an obituary for Annie's husband here - http://www.rootschat.com/links/0yls/

Offline coffieqween

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 22 March 14 18:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Shellyesq

Thank you very much for the obits, the one for Kenneth is very detailed regarding family so I have lots to look for.

Again thank you

Marie
Cumming, Henderson, Gemmell (Gamble, Gimble), Small, Donnagheu?, Watt, Moyes, Cranston, Rice and many more