Author Topic: McCutcheon  (Read 39468 times)

Offline Heinz 57

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McCutcheon
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 26 July 08 11:05 BST (UK) »
Hello Mary Ann,
I don't have a Helen McCutcheon in my tree either, sorry.
But 1827 is a little early for me.

Best wishes
Lynn

Bridgett - Tyne and Wear,Derbyshire.
Crawford - Co. Durham, Ireland,
Laycock - West Yorkshire, Co. Durham
Frazer - Co. Durham
McCutcheon,Broadfoot, Lemond - Wigtownshire
White - Co. Down

Offline map7

• RootsChat Extra
  • Elizabeth McKeachie Kerton and family
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 26 July 08 12:34 BST (UK) »
I've been searching for her awhile now and haven't had much luck either.  Thank you both for checking!

MaryAnn 
Wigtownshire/Wigtown County
McKeachie/Keachie - Kirkinner & Mochrum. Michigan USA
Kerr - Whithorn
McGibney 
Baillie/Bailey
McCheyne 
Steel
Kerton
Lavery/Laverty
Laird

Offline terry h

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • With Mum x
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 26 July 08 16:51 BST (UK) »
I can go back another generation on the McCutcheon side (I've spent a small fortune on Scotland's People).
Hugh McCutcheon's father was also called Hugh McCutcheon 1827-1891 and he was born in Glasserton. He married Agnes Broadfoot in Glasserton 1861. And his father was called William McCutcheon and (I think, but I wouldn't put any money on it) he was from Whithorn. And Hugh's mum was Margaret Thomson. Margaret Thomson was from Sorbie.

And that's my wall.

Best wishes
Lynn

Hi Lynn,

Do you have William and Margaret in the 1841 and 51 census? and were they in Eldrig Farm/Elrig Village. I have found a William/Margaret McCutcheon/Mccutchin and they seem to match in both census's.

Their son David (only child still with them in 1851) is 10 and 20 respectively and b Glasserton 1851 info. In 1841 they don't seem to have a son Hugh born 1827. There is a son Samuel 14 and George 12.

In 1851 it states this William was b Whithorn and Margaret Sorbie. Could these be yours and was Hugh m to Agnes Broadfoot perhaps not named Hugh? Or alternately they might have nothing to do with your family!

If you don't have census info I can PM it to you.

Terry
g grandfather Thomas Borthwick 11/11/1882 - KIA 25/9/1915 aged 33 Kings Own Scottish Borderers

Brothers & cousins to Thomas (Both KIA same day)
Robert Johnstone Borthwick 1898 - KIA 24/3/1918 aged 21 North Staffordshire Regiment

George Lowden Borthwick 1899 - KIA 24/3/1918 aged 19 Royal Scots Fusiliers

gr Uncle Walter Combe b1893 - KIA 12/7/1915 aged 22  Kings Own Scottish Borderers

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright  GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Heinz 57

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 26 July 08 18:42 BST (UK) »
That sounds like my lot actually, I recognize the siblings. I can't remember whether I have those census or not. I have an account with Scotlands People and I can soon check.
I have such a mountain of paper on my desk it's hard to see what I have and what I don't, to be honest.

Many thanks!

Lynn

Frazer - Co. Durham
White - Co. Down

Offline terry h

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • With Mum x
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 28 July 08 06:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Lynn,

I've PM'd the census info to you.

Terry
g grandfather Thomas Borthwick 11/11/1882 - KIA 25/9/1915 aged 33 Kings Own Scottish Borderers

Brothers & cousins to Thomas (Both KIA same day)
Robert Johnstone Borthwick 1898 - KIA 24/3/1918 aged 21 North Staffordshire Regiment

George Lowden Borthwick 1899 - KIA 24/3/1918 aged 19 Royal Scots Fusiliers

gr Uncle Walter Combe b1893 - KIA 12/7/1915 aged 22  Kings Own Scottish Borderers

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright  GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline nijinski

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
McCUTCHEON Glasserton, Wigtownshire
« Reply #14 on: Monday 08 June 09 14:00 BST (UK) »
Hello Lynn

I believe that we may have a connection with the McCutcheon surname in Wigtownshire.

I have John McCUTCHEON born 1 Jan 1869 Mochrum, Wig younger brother to your Hugh McCUTCHEON born 1864. John McCUTCHEON  married Jane THOMSON 29 May 1888 at Loch Head, Wig. Their son Alexander Thomson McCUTCHEON born 5 Apr 1885 married Grace McNEIL born 3 Oct 1888 Mochrum on the 11 Jul 1913 at 9 Great Hamilton Street, Glasgow.

I have taken John's line back to William McCUTCHEON and Margaret.

Perhaps we can exchange information off list?

Regards

Anita
Wigtownshire: McNeil, Cairney, Henderson, Sproat, Lockhart, McCutcheon, McGaw, McCulloch, Miles, Bailie, McMurray, Webster

Offline Heinz 57

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 08 June 09 19:39 BST (UK) »
Hello Anita,
That sounds like one of mine !
I've John married. But only to a Jane. I didn't have her maiden name.
I have five children for that couple. All boys.
Alexander, George , Hugh, John and Thomas.
Does that sound right? I still have not got back and further than William and Margaret.

Best wishes
Lynn
Frazer - Co. Durham
White - Co. Down

Offline nijinski

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 08 June 09 20:56 BST (UK) »
That's correct, 5 boys.  I have a lot of information regarding the McCUTCHEON family.

How can we exchange private email addresses? I'm new to this forum and do not know how to go about sending a private message.

Anita
Wigtownshire: McNeil, Cairney, Henderson, Sproat, Lockhart, McCutcheon, McGaw, McCulloch, Miles, Bailie, McMurray, Webster

Offline laena

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 13 June 09 08:36 BST (UK) »
hi i have some info about the McCutcheon family. from the first generation Francis McCutcheon married Mary anne (mainden name not knowen) his occupation was a blacksmith.they had 3 children HUGH ,born 1848 Co down ireland; died 6 may 1930 christchurch..WILLIAM JOHN ,born 6 march 1851,Ivory; died 1 august 1918, wellington new zealand...MARY ANNE ,born 1855,Co down ireland;married GEORGE BROWN,7 november 1879,parish tullylish,Co down ireland..... i have much more information as i have a family tree and a copy of the McCutcheon coat of arms.my great grandfather was WILLIAM JOHN MCCUTCHEON and my grandmother was alma-may and my mother was gail-anne and i am of the 6th generation.please feel free to contact me as i am very keen to get to know my relatives..also i live in new zealand.