Author Topic: Joseph Cox b 1804  (Read 43134 times)

Offline dianehutson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Cox b 1804
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 24 April 11 07:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Donna,
WHAT RESEARCH HAVE YOU DONE INTO COX /RYAN TREE AND WHERE DO YOU LIVE.

I descend from Joseph's son, John Mathew and his son, Frederick Lawrence. It took me ages to work out all the children and the marriages!  :D

Unfortunately Frederick Lawrence died relatively young and we have no family photos.

The Wagga cemetary is a bit of a buzz, isn't it?
Just look for the biggest graves and there are the Coxes.

I am pretty sure that there are still Cox relatives living on the original Mangoplah property of John Cox.

Cheers

Joanne
Hi Donna,

Having a look at the tribalpages it looks to be the same line. but some of the details differ.

We have John Mathew (who appears to be the same YAY!) married to Mary Bridget Roohan and I have a list of 16 of their children. I am not sure if they are all theirs (poor woman) but I do know that Frederick Lawrence was their son, born in 1882 at Oberne, NSW.
Frederick had red hair, was a vet and married a very stern woman by the name of Mary Fahey. He died of an abdominal aneurysm in 1933, when my grand mother was only only about 7 or 8. They had 4 daughters. He died in Yass.

I assume the name Livingstone came from Joseph Cox's original property, Livingstone Gully but as far as I am aware none of the children were named that. We also have Joseph Cox born in 8th July, 1807, his parents as William Cox and Jane Stewart.
I am still researching and talking to locals, trying to piece together the information.

Cheers
Joanne

Offline dianehutson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 24 April 11 07:53 BST (UK) »
WHAT RESEARCH HAVE DONE AND THERE IS ALOT OF PEOPLE DOING COX TREES FROM WAGGA WAGGA. I AM FROM RYAN/COX TREE.

Offline dianehutson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 24 April 11 07:57 BST (UK) »
JOANNA AND DONNA.
 JOHN COX STILL OWNS MANGOPLAH LOOKING AT BUYING LIVINGSTONE GULLY BACK FROM NEW OWNERS.
DONE ALL TREES AND COX DATA AT UNI AND HISTORY CENTRE IN WAGGA.DFIANE HUTSON BRISBANE.

I descend from Joseph's son, John Mathew and his son, Frederick Lawrence. It took me ages to work out all the children and the marriages!  :D

Unfortunately Frederick Lawrence died relatively young and we have no family photos.

The Wagga cemetary is a bit of a buzz, isn't it?
Just look for the biggest graves and there are the Coxes.

I am pretty sure that there are still Cox relatives living on the original Mangoplah property of John Cox.

Cheers

Joanne

Offline DJLandW

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 24 April 11 15:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Diane,
I tried to reach you a few years ago when my Mum died but you had moved. Would be very interested in hearing about the house where Martin's parents were in Dublin and any photos you might have. I have also found some interesting information on the Chelsea pensioners index and think I have located info about Philip Henry and two or three or the sons.

Offline dianehutson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Joseph Cox b 1804
« Reply #22 on: Monday 25 April 11 04:27 BST (UK) »
Hi djlandw 
Can you email me on >(*)
Live in Brisbane now. Trying work out who you are .
Send my address and phone number when here from you.
Cheers Diane Hutson.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Also please note that typing messages in CAPITALS is considered shouting and I'm sure you don't mean to do that  :)

Stude51

« Reply #23 on: Thursday 30 June 11 05:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Diane,

I am only just touching the tip of the iceberg on the Cox side of my family.

It is my maternal grandmothers side. I live close to Wagga (about 2 hours away) and have recently found out that John Cox (Joseph's step son and second cousin) owned quite a large amount of property near where I live (maybe also incuding our own farm!).

I would love to hear more from you.

Cheers

Offline dianehutson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Joseph Cox b 1804
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 30 June 11 07:01 BST (UK) »
Hi.
I have found alot of cox data at wagga wagga university archives.
my last visit found new items orig richard cox marriage found in box in barn on livingston gully property. and phtos. i go every 5 years see whats new in archives.have few books done by differnet people also wagga waga family history has copy of my book and pioneer register which i have cox and ryan items in it .sent person copy of my book and never got paid so not send till get monies as need to have photo copied and binded.on facebook as my name. dianehutson60 * .some people have been to ireland castle connell and coolready where they came from.give you my number when email me as cant send via this.diane hutson.what tree are you from.

Offline LukeDenison

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 22 August 11 10:25 BST (UK) »
Hello My name is Luke,

My Grandfathers Name was Keith Cox and his brother (My great uncle) is the current owner of Livingstone Gully in Wagga Wagga. Many of you have spoken about the book "The Coxes of Livingstone Gully". My Aunt has a copy of the book. I think the family were only given 5 or so copies of the thesis. If I can help you with anything let me know.

Offline dianehutson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
COX FAMILY HISTORY
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 23 August 11 03:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Luke.
Nice to hear from you.
Thought livingstone gully was sold and not in cox hands.
Mangoplah not visited but he was trying buy back land on livingstone gully
I have copy of book written by a.R wilkinson in 1985.
I also have deposted a book i done in wagga wagga family history and charles sturt university archives.
Your aunt not patricia cox as visited her in her flat years agao and 15yrs ago went to livingstone gully when lived there.
I am from eliza cox and martin ryan tree.
Withers from wagga wagga are from ryan tree too.
My ryans lived and died newcastle.
Happy researching

Moderator Notes :
   Excess capitals removed - see posting guide                         
   Email address removed as per RootsChat Policy. Use the Personal message system to exchange personal details