Author Topic: Joseph Cox b 1804  (Read 43136 times)

Offline dianehutson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Cox b 1804
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 23 August 12 09:58 BST (UK) »
YES .LOOK OUT FOR YOU.
ELIZA COX DAUG OF JOSEPH COX IS MY LINE ELIZA WED MARTIN RYAN CONVICT.
CHEERS.

Offline Geffwho

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 23 August 12 10:07 BST (UK) »
Sweet, so my GGF's sister it seems. I just flicked a note to DJL&W suggesting their Frederick Livingstone is in fact Frederick Lawrence, the dates seem to match. I could be wrong, it's all a bit new. Geoff

Offline dianehutson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 23 August 12 10:29 BST (UK) »
HAVE YA FOUND ME ON FACEBOOK YET.IN QLD

Offline Geffwho

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Thursday 23 August 12 10:33 BST (UK) »
I hope it's you at Chermside, ex T'ville with the flowers. I sent two messages to that address earlier. Geoff

Offline dianehutson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Thursday 23 August 12 10:37 BST (UK) »
yes thats me but not got email on my yahoo ??.

Offline dianehutson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Thursday 23 August 12 10:39 BST (UK) »
did put 60 in it???

Offline cash123

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Saturday 05 January 13 17:49 GMT (UK) »
My G G Grandfather Joseph Cox was born at Cashel, County Tipperary, Ireland in 1804. The Cox's were Protestant and Joseph’s father William Cox was a Barrister. Tipperary was the storm centre of emigration to 19th century Australia. Standing on the Rock of Cashel you can look over the warm, grassy plain of the Golden Vale of Ireland and the parishes that sent hundreds of young men and women to Australia's shore.
Joseph’s first wife Ann had been married to a cousin of Joseph, Oliver Cox who had died. Prior to his death Oliver had asked Joseph to care for his wife and children should he not survive. Joseph did as Oliver had requested and married Ann on 28 May 1827 at the Church of Ireland, Parish of Stradbally in the Clanwilliam Barony, County Limerick.
Joseph Cox and his family departed Ireland from Cork Harbour by sea on 05 August 1836 to travel to Port Jackson, New South Wales. The ship they travelled on was the “Lady McNaughton”. Eight children accompanied Joseph and his first wife Ann. Joseph and Ann had three daughters Eliza, Isabella, Catherine and one son William,
Would love to contact anybody who can help me to find more information on Joseph's family before he left Ireland.
Thanks Dennis Cox in OZ

My great grandfather Christopher Cox and his wife Mary Ann lived in Drum, Templemore, Co. Tipperary. He was a farmer with 10 children. I believe one emigrated to Canada, his name was Ralph. 2 children went to Armagh. Grace, Parnell Cox was a school teacher and her brother Richard Cox was a scolar. My grandfather William Cox went to Athy , Co. Kildare to work when he was 17.
Gregor cox

Offline bildeston

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday 18 September 13 10:34 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am researching the Cox name in England and am trying to trace where my father went in Australia between 1926 to 1932. He went by boat at the age of 15!! I believe that he would have linked up with relatives and I am aware that he worked on a farm in Wagga Wagga for some or all this time.

He came from the east End of London - his name (Horace) Gordon Cox with a birth date 30 June 1910. Any information anyone can supply would be appreciated.

Andy Cox

Offline Curious68

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Monday 18 November 13 06:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

My late wife is a descendant of Joseph Cox => John Mathew Cox. I have created an extended Cox family tree on Ancestry which all are welcome to access. It's not complete and I'm sure there are errors, so please let me know by return.

There is an interesting book "Quarantined" (ISBN 9780980335408) about the families on the fateful journey of the Lady Macnaghten from Cork Harbour, arriving in Sydney on 26 Feb 1837.

Simon Haynes