Author Topic: Bathgate railway accident, McTague  (Read 9634 times)

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Bathgate railway accident, McTague
« Reply #18 on: Friday 23 August 13 08:49 BST (UK) »
You have missed djct's post above in which he pointed out that Fatal Accident Inquiries did not take place before 1895, so there will not be one in this case.
I didn't miss the post, Forfarian, as you can see I directed my post to Iain & was suggesting he looked up the 1923 fatal inquiry.
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 23 August 13 09:58 BST (UK) »
My apologies, I am entirely to blame for not noticing that it related to an entirely separate accident, nothing to do with the heading on the thread.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 23 August 13 10:16 BST (UK) »
My apologies too - I should have sent a pm.
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline IainW81

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 23 August 13 13:23 BST (UK) »
My apologies, I am entirely to blame for not noticing that it related to an entirely separate accident, nothing to do with the heading on the thread.

Sorry about that. :) I was just saying thanks for this discussion, because it gave me some ideas.
Mitchell and Perry in N.Ireland and Scotland. McLaren and Hamilton in Scotland. Craig and Major in N.Ireland and Scotland. McIntosh and Paton in Fife.