Author Topic: Quinnin (other variations) Family  (Read 18498 times)

Offline ro6810

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Quinnin (other variations) Family
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 13 July 10 19:20 BST (UK) »
I have a Margaret Quinenan(sometimes Queenan) who married Patrick Coen in my family tree.  Margaret is in the 1901 Irish census married to Patrick Coen and living in Finisklin, County Sligo.   From her age in the census record, she was born around 1855.   Her sons, Patrick and Bartholomew, and daughter, Delia, came to Philadelphia.  I also live in Philadelphia.  I have been told Margaret had a bother, Martin, who lived in New Jersey.

Offline Ochsenkopff

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 20 August 10 05:52 BST (UK) »
Hello
My Great grandmother was Anna Queenan, born in Sligo about 1837. Not sure about her parents as there could be 3 possibilty?
She married Patrick Whyte about 1856 in Sligo. Cannot find a marriage for her anywere.Anna had 11 children and died in 1922.
Very little info. was given on her death cert.
I live in Sydney,Australia, could someone please help me?
Sandra

Offline bob d

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 23 February 14 23:09 GMT (UK) »
Hello
My Great grandmother was Anna Queenan, born in Sligo about 1837. Not sure about her parents as there could be 3 possibilty?
She married Patrick Whyte about 1856 in Sligo. Cannot find a marriage for her anywere.Anna had 11 children and died in 1922.
Very little info. was given on her death cert.
I live in Sydney,Australia, could someone please help me?
Sandra
The name was almost certainly Queenan, I am familiar with this family as I looked it up many years ago having a distant connection with the Queenans of Co Sligo who first settled at Newcastle and later the Durham coal fields, whilst I noticed your branch moved to North Shields and spread out from there.

I have never been able to establish if the families were actually related. As Quinan is usually pronounced Queenan it is easy to understand why it was sometimes spelt that way.

I may have been in touch with you in the passed on another board and if not it must have been one of your relations who is doing the same research.

Good luck,

J.T.A.

Offline Welcomedays

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 06 October 14 20:56 BST (UK) »
My family is also Queenan from Co, Sligo although I do not yet have specific details.  I have Patrick, born in Sligo (or nearby) in 1814 with father's name also Patrick.  The first official record I have is a marriage certificate in Derby England in 1840 to Mary Howard. They are in the 1841 and 1851 census there with several children.  Then Patrick disappears with no evident death record.  It is believed that he just disappeared as Mary remarried 7 years later. I have good ongoing records, but am looking for the roots in Ireland.  I know there are Queenans in Easky area...but as yet cannot be certain that they are the right ones.
Thanks. :)

Offline Ochsenkopff

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 27 October 14 02:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi There
Sorry about the delay but unfortunately i only have the one Quinnin in my family and therefore i do not know who her parents or siblings were.
Thank you for information as it may be of some help to me at a later date.

ochsenkopf