Author Topic: David Sinclair & Eliza Pearson (wed 1847 Kirkwall & St. Ola)  (Read 9391 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: David Sinclair & Eliza Pearson (wed 1847 Kirkwall & St. Ola)
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 23 June 13 15:32 BST (UK) »
Thanks akc,

The Ray Millar one seems very interesting, given that David & Eliza's son James has Millar as a middle name. This could be where I find a connection hopefully?

I'm away to check them out  ;D

Annie.
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 23 June 13 15:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Annie

You are in good hands with akc's help  :)

Just a few bits from me...there are a few people researching the family in a number of sites. Some links below that might let you contact others for further info:

http://aussiemandas.weebly.com/chronicles-of-scarth.html  - The Scarth connection is for mother Mary Scarth, wife of James Pearson. This includes: 1.5.2. Eliza PEARSON was born on the 25th July 1823 at ?Birn Burn. She married David SINCLAIR (1824-1910). Eliza died on the 13th November 1902 at 4 Victoria Road, Kirkwall.

Possible details to follow up further for brother David http://sinclair.quarterman.org/archive/2000/04/msg00202.html

http://www.geni.com/people/Eliza-SINCLAIR/6000000001773744197

How have you fared on the David Sinclair side?

Monica

Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 23 June 13 15:52 BST (UK) »
Well that was a bit of an anti climax. There are 25,000 names in Ray Millar's tree but only......................................................................................1 Pearson  ;D

498 Sinclair's but don't see David who married Eliza Pearson.

There are other names from my list though, Irvine, Scarth etc. so I'm sure I will fall upon something though as they were only small islands and inter-married.

Thanks,

Annie.

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 23 June 13 16:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Annie

You are in good hands with akc's help  :)

Just a few bits from me...there are a few people researching the family in a number of sites. Some links below that might let you contact others for further info:

http://aussiemandas.weebly.com/chronicles-of-scarth.html  - The Scarth connection is for mother Mary Scarth, wife of James Pearson. This includes: 1.5.2. Eliza PEARSON was born on the 25th July 1823 at ?Birn Burn. She married David SINCLAIR (1824-1910). Eliza died on the 13th November 1902 at 4 Victoria Road, Kirkwall.

Possible details to follow up further for brother David http://sinclair.quarterman.org/archive/2000/04/msg00202.html

http://www.geni.com/people/Eliza-SINCLAIR/6000000001773744197

How have you fared on the David Sinclair side?

Monica

Hi Monica,

Hope you enjoyed your break. Did you forget to add "fast" to your note  ???  ;D  ::)

Just starting out with this for a friend so not got too far yet. Only started y/day from his birth in 1948 and had to climb the ladder on SP so this is where I'm at David & Eliza.

I'm as well to collect what I can while I'm in Orkney  ;D as they are far flung and coincidently one of the ancestors hailed from South Uist where my paternal folks hailed from - small world!

His parents were Govan, Skye & Aberdenn connected so I have an interesting one this time.

Annie.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 23 June 13 16:10 BST (UK) »
Monica,

I forgot to say I will certainly be following up your leads,

Thanks,

Annie.

Offline akc

• RootsChat Veteran
  • st magnus cathedral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 23 June 13 16:17 BST (UK) »
another interesting middle name for ann ( Iverach )?

found on scotlands people
Dumfriesshire: Bell, Kerr, Dickson, Hetherington
Orkney: Cursiter, Peace, Drever, Cooper, Paterson, Brock, Leslie, Malcomson, Miller, Scott
Cumberland: Charlton, Young

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 23 June 13 16:24 BST (UK) »
Now, I came across that yesterday somewhere but think it was before I found the proper connection.

Seems there is a lot of info. online for them so it will keep me going for a while.

Annie.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 23 June 13 16:36 BST (UK) »
another interesting middle name for ann ( Iverach )?

found on scotlands people

akc - I think, almost sure it may have been on the Cursiter Site (Orkney) I saw the name Iverach?

It seemed to me that there were 2 families both with David & Eliza as parent's so I wouldn't have been able to confirm a connection at that point as I didn't have Eliza's birth then.

Annie.