Author Topic: Ann Livingstone  (Read 9214 times)

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Livingstone
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 01 April 14 00:16 BST (UK) »
Both boys are Ship Carpenter Apprentices :)

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 01 April 14 00:31 BST (UK) »
That's what I thought - pity the 1841 doesn't give more info like later censuses.  If they were related - it would have been handy to know in what way

The 1851 has an Andrew Miller b 1826 St Ninians Stirling but living in Dunbarton - not sure if he's the 1841 Andrew

The only Walter Miller in Dunbarton in 1851 was b 1809

The above Andrew is a farm servant unmarried and living with others at Knightswood Farm House (farmer an Alexander Lyle) :-\
There is an Andrew Miller Ship Carpenter Jourmeyman on the 1851 living at Dumbarton Road, Govan aged 26 and born Stirlingshire, Milgavie.
Not sure if this is barking up the wrong family tree! Wondering if the Miller's lodging with the Stewarts will be no relation to Ann or William and it's just a coincidence.

Looby :)

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 01 April 14 00:49 BST (UK) »
Ah now this is interesting-
The Andrew Miller in Govan appears to be married to a Mary White. They have several children - one of whom is born on the 24th June 1859 - a daughter Ann Livingstone Miller. - https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FQ75-MD9

Looby :)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 01 April 14 01:02 BST (UK) »
There is an Andrew Miller Ship Carpenter Jourmeyman on the 1851 living at Dumbarton Road, Govan aged 26 and born Stirlingshire, Milgavie.

Now that just cannot be a coincidence can it - can't find that entry though

So I wonder if Ann Livingstone was from Stirling  (although Milngavie is Glasgow way)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 01 April 14 01:14 BST (UK) »
I thought Milngavie was on the outskirts of Glasgow too ??? - not far from the Campsie Fells - but Campsie comes under Stirlingshire too at this period, so maybe Milngavie did come under that county too,

Re-reading reply 5 from robertalan - do you think it was Ann Livingstone's widowed mother who married a Mr Miller and perhaps Andrew at least if not Walter too could be Ann's half brothers?

Added - I found Andrew Miller, Ship Carpenter on Freecen on 1851

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 01 April 14 01:27 BST (UK) »
It would make more sense if the Millers were her half brothers or possibly her step brothers.  Be interesting to see Andrews death cert to get his parents names
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 01 April 14 01:46 BST (UK) »
It would make more sense if the Millers were her half brothers or possibly her step brothers.  Be interesting to see Andrews death cert to get his parents names

That's what I was thinking! But I have to go to bed now :'(  It's far too late for me.

Offline robertalan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 02 April 14 21:46 BST (UK) »
I found Andrew & Walter's birth details on Monday, their parents were John Miller & Margaret MItchell but it is interesting that an Andrew MItchell had a daughter named Ann Livingstone MIller in 1859. The only thing which dosn't match up is the birth year because the Andrew I found was born 1824. Everything else matches including the occupation.

Offline robertalan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 10 April 14 23:16 BST (UK) »
Where did you find the info that Andrew Miller had a daughter Ann Livingstone Miller? I have found the marriage details about Andrew Miller and Mary White. m 1850 in Glasgow.