Author Topic: Wambrook Parish records  (Read 3348 times)

Offline Rainbow Quartz

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Wambrook Parish records
« on: Sunday 12 January 14 13:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello
Does anyone know if the Parish records for Wambrook have been transcribed and/or are available on line? The reason I ask is that my great grandparents were married there, at St Mary's Church, and I wondered if any other family were associated with the Parish? My great grandmother came from Chardstock, so I have quite a lot of information from Chardstock Web Museum, but there are still a few gaps.
Thanks
Mand
Jewell - Devon, Cornwall and Manchester
North - Somerset, Devon, Dorset, Cardiff and Warrington
Rowe - Devon, Dorset
Oliver - Somerset

Offline genechaser

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Wambrook Parish records
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 12 January 14 14:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi

What period in time are you looking for.

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 12 January 14 16:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Have you tried the Dorset OPC site?

http://www.opcdorset.org/

More possibilities:

https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Wambrook,_Dorset

Nanny Jan
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Rainbow Quartz

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 12 January 14 20:40 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the info. Sorry, I should have said that my great grandparents were married there in 1874, but moved to Warrington, Lancashire in 1878, but both families (North and Rowe) have been in the local area of Chardstock/Chaffcombe/Winsham/Thorncombe for as far back as records go.
Nanny Jan, thanks for the links. Nothing has jumped out so far, but I'll keep looking. It doesn't look as though all the records have been transcribed yet.
Cheers
Mand 
Rowe - Devon, Dorset
Oliver - Somerset

Offline arum lily

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 16:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Rainbow Quartz

I have just seen your post regarding Wambrook parish records. I maybe able to help if you are still looking as I have some copies of bapt. marr. and burials for wambrook. The last time I looked at Wambrook the burials were not deposited in Som. R.O. Some bapt. marriages maybe on Chardstock Web pages.
Evans, Forsey Poole, Somerset  Devon Dorset Whitehead, White, Wines (South Petherton) Vickery, Somerset, Woodrow, Pengelly,Tope Devon, Chatfield Sussex,

Offline Rainbow Quartz

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 01 April 20 14:49 BST (UK) »
Thanks for getting in touch arum lily. Wow, it's a while ago that I posted this, and I still haven't found the record for the marriage of John North and Elizabeth Rowe, so I'd be really grateful if you could have a look for me. Chardstock Web pages have baptisms and deaths, but still no marriages for Wambrook. The year is 1874, although I've had a look at my notes, and I can't find where I got this information from. I'm sure I'll find it somewhere!
Rowe - Devon, Dorset
Oliver - Somerset

Offline arum lily

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 01 April 20 16:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Rainbow Quartz
It is possible they married in a registry office in which case you will have to buy the certificate.
 There is a marriage under Chard For John North & Elizabeth Rowe Mar Q 1874. This does not mean to say it took place in Chard  as Chard Reg. covered all the village and smaller towns around. It will take me a little while to check through any doc's I have for that period. I will get back to you when I have looked. Have you tried posting on any site to see if anyone else has the marriage.?
Evans, Forsey Poole, Somerset  Devon Dorset Whitehead, White, Wines (South Petherton) Vickery, Somerset, Woodrow, Pengelly,Tope Devon, Chatfield Sussex,

Offline arum lily

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 02 April 20 08:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Rainbow Q

I have checked through my records of Wambrook and do not have the marriage of John North & Elizabeth Rowe.
The easy way would be to buy online!

When I next visit Taunton heritage center I will see if it took place in Wambrook. Could be a long wait.

A.L.

Offline Rainbow Quartz

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 02 April 20 09:08 BST (UK) »
Thank you arum lily, I will look back in my notes to see where I got the information that they got married at St Mary's in Wambrook. I have the Chard record thanks. John North was born in Chaffcombe, and Elizabeth Rowe was born in Chardstock. Their eldest son, Charles Oliver, was born in South Petherton on 31 December 1874. Elizabeth had quite a few siblings, so any records of Rowe marriages in Wambrook that you may have would be great? I have the baptism and burial records for Wambrook from Chardstock web museum, just the marriages are missing!
Rowe - Devon, Dorset
Oliver - Somerset