Author Topic: Look up request- William Henry RUNDLE Born c1885 Plymouth  (Read 4457 times)

Offline JaneyCanuck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Famous Five take tea on Parliament Hill
    • View Profile
Re: Look up request- William Henry RUNDLE Born c1885 Plymouth
« Reply #9 on: Friday 04 January 13 23:49 GMT (UK) »
But here's a turn-up -- re:

- 24 May 1879 Laura Katherine RUNDLE dau of William & Salina (sic) of Slaughter Bridge, father a labourer
- birth Dec Q 1878, Bodmin: Laura Catherine Rundle

-- in 1881, Laura Catherine Rundle born in St Kew (Bodmin reg dist) is with parents James and Joanna Rundle in St Kew -- so that birth doesn't seem to be that baptism.

A Laura Tambling birth was reg in Liskeard district in Sep Q 1879 ...

Thinking your William and Selina were not married, but baptised their children as if they were.

edit - we were crossing.

Any chance you can clean up that jumble by just typing the relevant info for those baptisms? ;)

Yes, the 1891 does look like Louisa, I had thought too, a much more common name.

I've been hunting in 1881 too ...
HILL, HOARE, BOND, SIBLY, Cornwall (Devon); DENNIS, PAGE, WHITBREAD, Essex; BARNARD, CASTLE, PONTON, Wiltshire; SANKEY, HORNE, YOUNG, Kent; COWDELL, Bermondsey; COOPER, SMITH, FALLOWELL, WILLEY, Notts; CAMPION, CARTER, CRADDOCK, KENNY, Northants; LITTLER, CORNER, Leicestershire; RUSHLAND, Lincolnshire; MORRISON, Ireland; COLLINS, ?; ... MONCK?

Offline turnera

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 05 January 13 00:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Have tried to make the baptisms cleaner as follows:
Forename(s):Louisa
Surname:Rundle
Year:1875
Month:Aug
Day:19
Father's Forename:Henry
Mother's Forename:Selina
Mother's Surname:
Birth Day:1
Birth Month:Sep
Birth Year:1873
Dedication:Plymouth, St Peter
Place:Plymouth
County:Devon
Page:359
Archive Ref:Record
source:Baptism

Forename(s):Annie Rebecca
Surname:Rundle
Year:1875
Month:Aug
Day:19
Father's Forename:Henry
Mother's Forename:Selina
Mother's Surname:
Birth Day:19
Birth Month:Jun
Birth Year:1875
Dedication:Plymouth, St Peter
Place:Plymouth
County:Devon
Page:360
Archive Ref:Record
source:Baptism

Not sure this helps, unless was another family in Plymouth around 1881 with a selina and henry or william Rundle.

:-\

Offline JaneyCanuck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 05 January 13 00:12 GMT (UK) »
It's just easier to follow as:

Louisa Rundle, bap 19 Aug 1875, born 1 Sep 1873 Plymouth, parents Henry and Selina

Annie Rebecca Rundle, bap 19 Aug 1975, born 19 June 1875 Plymouth, parents Henry and Selina

Not the least luck finding them in 1881, though. Or William/Henry, or a plasterer named Rund* ...

And I can't find any matching birth registrations.

There doesn't seem to be a doppelganger family in Plymouth!
HILL, HOARE, BOND, SIBLY, Cornwall (Devon); DENNIS, PAGE, WHITBREAD, Essex; BARNARD, CASTLE, PONTON, Wiltshire; SANKEY, HORNE, YOUNG, Kent; COWDELL, Bermondsey; COOPER, SMITH, FALLOWELL, WILLEY, Notts; CAMPION, CARTER, CRADDOCK, KENNY, Northants; LITTLER, CORNER, Leicestershire; RUSHLAND, Lincolnshire; MORRISON, Ireland; COLLINS, ?; ... MONCK?

Offline turnera

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 05 January 13 00:22 GMT (UK) »
yes that's probably easier ;)

Perhaps as these two baptisms are on the same day and would therefore definitely be daughters  of a same  Henry and Selina RUNDLE that I order the birth certificates and at least this might confirm via mother's maiden name (TOMLIN) that they are sisters of Walter whom was born in 1883 as I have his birth certificate. It would then leave me to find William Henry RUNDLE's birth certificate.

Is it common for a family to be missing from a census? It's a real shame not to find them in 1881

Offline JaneyCanuck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 05 January 13 00:59 GMT (UK) »
One of mine was missing from the 1891 census ... because they went to bleeding Australia in 1887 and went back home in 1894. Fortunately, this was one of the few things we did know about them from oral history!

Um ... have you found birth registrations for Annie Rebecca and Louisa? I haven't ...

Offline turnera

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 05 January 13 18:23 GMT (UK) »
No unfortunately I couldn't find the Birth reg's either for this Annie or Louisa and so date not been able to clear this mystery up on this side of the family. Same for William born in 1885.

I know that the younger brother Walter RUNDLE was born 17th June 1883 and appears that the family were living 36 Rendle Street, date of registration was 16th August 1883 by mother. Also, I can't find Walter's death my Nan described him as an 'old boy' i.e. old man and he died after her father in William in 1941.

I almost feel that this side of the family had something to hide   >:( and doesn't want to be found due to the inconsistencies etc. and lack of evidence on the registers of BMD.

I hope there is a solution to solving these puzzles.
 :D

Offline Frances Cadwell

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 15 February 14 00:02 GMT (UK) »
hi andrew is your nan doreen, my grandad was william henry rundle i have his demob papers they make him out to be born 1884-85. i think his father was william henry too, as far as i know from my father (frank gordon kenneth) w.h. jnr was a docker from the milbay area of plymouth and they stayed in cobourg? lane cheers mate

gary

Offline fastfusion

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 15 February 14 21:55 GMT (UK) »
uuummmmmm     >"""""bleeding Australia""""",

uuuummmmmm  the only bleeding here in Au is the economy.......... and when some folk injure themselves.......

:)