Author Topic: PALLETT Family of Essendon  (Read 7394 times)

Offline YJC

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
PALLETT Family of Essendon
« on: Saturday 12 March 11 11:07 GMT (UK) »
I have always been info that my family, surname Pallett, were one of the first 3 families to inhabit the village of Essendon, Herts. History of the village dates back to early 12th century but I don't know exactly how long the family has been in the village.
I have managed to trace them back to Robert Pallett or Pallat (b 1767-c1832), he marr Margaret Watts (c1766-1842) of Essendon, 04/12/1787 @ St Dunstan in the west, London & they had 11 children (info held). There is another  Robt Pallett/Pallat born c1747 who marr Elizabeth (surname N/K) + a poss burial rec for her - 01/09/1795 @ Essendon who I believe are his parents.
BUT ......there are 2 marr recs in the village 11/10/1732, with both parties surnames spelt slightly diff = John Pallet/Pallat & Dorothy Hayden/Hayward - are they connected to Robert ?
I have also found info on a settlement order for Robert Pallet, 11/02/1750, from Ardeley, Nr Stevenage to Essendon - is this connected to him ? There are numerous Pallett's rec in Ardeley in the 1700s.
It doesn't help that the surname of Pallett  has been spelt in numerous ways in the past = Pallat/Pallet/Pallatt/Pallit/Pallitt/Pallot/Pallott !
I have searched via BMD/familysearch/Herts Parish Recs/family members + contacts on GR but I'm now struggling with my ancestors & wonder if there is anyone out there who can help me please ?
I hope the above all makes sense !!

Many thanks Yvonne

Offline YJC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Pallett family of Essendon
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 March 11 15:25 GMT (UK) »
Update re Pallett query -  I've placed this query on Brit Gen today & will adv of any info recvd.

Yvonne

Offline loobielooe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: PALLETT Family of Essendon
« Reply #2 on: Monday 02 April 12 03:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Yvonne, my name is Marilyn and I live in Cornwall.  I see you are looking for information on the Pallett family from Essendon.  My great grandmother was Margaret Eleanor Pallett 1856.  This is the inscription on Robert Pallett headstone in  Essendon Churchyard Cemetery, essendon, Hertfordshire, England
'Look on the prospect around us, Quick is the succession of human events. The cares of today are seldom the cares of tomorrow, and when we lie down at night we may safely say to most of our troubles we have done your worst and shall meet no more'
The other Robert Pallett married Elizabeth Turner on 5 Nov 1764, she was 22 then.  Robert was listed in the Parish Register as a widower, so think that he may be older than Elizabeth.  I wont write anymore as this is my first time on here and taken me ages to work out.  Bit of a numpty when it comes to computers!!  I will not add further information yet, as I do not know how much you have,  Will wait for a response from you.
Kind Regards
Marilyn  x on facebook Marilyn Spencer-Thomas (Plymouth network.)

Offline YJC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 21 April 12 13:49 BST (UK) »
I had located & saved details of a 'Settlement Order' dated 11/2/1750 for Robert PALLETT from Ardeley, Stevenage to Essendon Herts, ref D/P37/13/3. However I am now unable to locate it. I have found brief details on - hertsfhs.org.uk/sett BUT this does not give me the full details. I have also tried Nat Archives but to no avail.
 Is anyone able to help me locate the order in full via the web please.

Many thanks
Yvonne

Offline phw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 19 January 14 16:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Yvonne, my name is Marilyn and I live in Cornwall.  I see you are looking for information on the Pallett family from Essendon.  My great grandmother was Margaret Eleanor Pallett 1856.  This is the inscription on Robert Pallett headstone in  Essendon Churchyard Cemetery, essendon, Hertfordshire, England
'Look on the prospect around us, Quick is the succession of human events. The cares of today are seldom the cares of tomorrow, and when we lie down at night we may safely say to most of our troubles we have done your worst and shall meet no more'
The other Robert Pallett married Elizabeth Turner on 5 Nov 1764, she was 22 then.  Robert was listed in the Parish Register as a widower, so think that he may be older than Elizabeth.  I wont write anymore as this is my first time on here and taken me ages to work out.  Bit of a numpty when it comes to computers!!  I will not add further information yet, as I do not know how much you have,  Will wait for a response from you.
Kind Regards
Marilyn  x on facebook Marilyn Spencer-Thomas (Plymouth network.)

Hi Yvonne

Hope your research is going well and welcome to the Family.
I'm connected to the Pallets through Elizabeth Watts who married Thomas Pallett

Regards paul
Watts,Hackney
Duberry,Essex
Searle,Essex
Pallett, Essendon
Birch, Stone, in Footscray Australia

Offline YJC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 21 January 14 11:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi  Paul,  thanks  for  your  message. Thomas  Pallett  (1803-1871)  was  my  great, great Grandad.
I've  only  managed  to  go  back  as  far  as  c1735  on  the  'Pallett's  of  Essendon'  which  is  where  I  hit  quite  a  large  brick  wall  !!  How  about  you  ??
Yvonne

Offline phw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 21 January 14 14:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi  Paul,  thanks  for  your  message. Thomas  Pallett  (1803-1871)  was  my  great, great Grandad.
I've  only  managed  to  go  back  as  far  as  c1735  on  the  'Pallett's  of  Essendon'  which  is  where  I  hit  quite  a  large  brick  wall  !!  How  about  you  ??
Yvonne
Watts,Hackney
Duberry,Essex
Searle,Essex
Pallett, Essendon

Offline phw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 21 January 14 14:40 GMT (UK) »
Yvonne
Sorry forgot to attach message.  Will check on tree when I get home l know my cousin has done loads of research on the Pallets.
Paul
Watts,Hackney
Duberry,Essex
Searle,Essex
Pallett, Essendon

Offline phw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 21 January 14 23:14 GMT (UK) »
Yvonne

Looks like we both have reached the same stop.
I have Robert Pallett 1735 marrying Elizabeth Turner (born 1743) in near Ware 1764. Robert was a widower so another wife to look for.

Paul
Watts,Hackney
Duberry,Essex
Searle,Essex
Pallett, Essendon