Author Topic: Burials in Kilmadock parish.  (Read 74904 times)

Offline aussiejeff

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Burials in Kilmadock parish.
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 29 July 09 00:33 BST (UK) »
As a lot of people on this forum live abroad, i thought i could be of some assistance in tracking down headstones in Kilmadock Parish (Doune,Deanston area) and get some pictures to send .
There are 3 main graveyards in the Parish, Old Kilmadock,New Kilmadock and 1 at the rear of the Old church of Scotland in Doune itself.
If this can be of help to anyone contact me on this post or by personnel
message. 

Hi monks09!

Wow. What a kind offer. Where could I begin?  ;D

See my last post to patvp1 which lists a couple of my ancestors whose headstone/grave might still be visible at the old Kilmadock church yard?

I also have a huge stack of McAlpine ancestors who lived (and many who presumably died although I can't find clearly identifiable IGI records) in and around the Port of Menteith, Gartmore, Deanston & Doune during the 1680-1920+ period.

ANY lists of McAlpine burials from Parish records you might be able to find in those areas would be FANTASTIC.

Needless to say, pics of any McAlpine headstones and of some countryside in those areas would be an absolute bonus, since as stated in my other post, my chances of ever making it back to the land where my Scots ancestors roamed is remote to say the least  :( .

Cheers!

Jeff
Wodonga
Victoria
Australia
Duncan, McAlpine, Sinclair, McFarlane, Ingram, Matthison, Farquhar, Bain, Forbes, McMillan

Offline ameralian1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 29 July 09 10:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Val,
Re Thomas McArthur and Janet Sommers
I have the date of the marriage - 7 Dec 1771;
Thomas was living in Kilmadock, Janet in Kincardine so marriage registered in both parishes;
They had 2 sons, Robert, b 13 April 1777 and John, b18 Oct 1772.
Janet was born 15 Sept 1744.
Thanks for any assistance!
We will be travelling to Perth tomorrow or the next day, so will swing by Kilmadock!Regards
Pam

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 29 July 09 11:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Jeff - Have Elizabeth McAlpine in my file and I know she is family some where, just can't put my finger on her as yet..tied up with the Fergusons I think..I must have her death cert somewhere as well otherwise would not have put it on my A***** file.

Like you ..am at that age... but am in Queensland, had my last visit back in 06 but did not have much chance to get to Scotland..I was lucky..did not come to Oz until 1957 and although lived in Yorkshire..every year would be back in Scotland with my mothers family.
Hopefully will get this sorted out and will be in touch later.
Regards Pat..
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline monks13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 29 July 09 16:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Jeff.
Will see what i can do about the headstones . There are still a few Mcalpines around Doune, Deanston etc but don't know if they are descendants or related to yours .

Kenny

Offline monks13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 29 July 09 17:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Pat.
 Same for your R Stewart, will try and see what i can get .
Haven't had much time last wee while with work and our schools are on summer hol's just now so trying to keep kids amused over the weekend when off work. 

Kenny 

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 30 July 09 01:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Jeff - Boy did I get that wrong..not Fergusons at all.

My grandparents x3 were Isabel McAlpine 1779 and James Henderson 1775.

Grandparents x4 John McAlpine 1746 and Janet McFarlane 1750.
So Isabel and Elizabeth McFarlane were sisters  ;D.
In a nutshell - Margaret Henderson 1817 was my g/g/grandmother, she had two illegitimate children one being my g/grandfather James McKay, she later married Daniel McLaren in 1852 !!

1851 census Margaret is with her father James Henderson, his brother in law John McAlpine c1796 born Port of Monteith and her two children the other being William Strang c1845.

All very confusing  :o ;D

Regards Patvp
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline aussiejeff

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 30 July 09 07:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Pat.

Thanks for the heads up!

I've been busy connecting your data to my Beazley-Crisdale Family Tree at Ancestry  ;)

I think it all means we are 5th cousins   :)  (at least that what my Legacy software tells me!) Isabel McAlpine (1779) is one of my many 3rd great grandaunts.

Elizabeth (b.1792) McAlpine's son William (b.1819) is my 2nd gt grandfather, his daughter Sophia Sinclair McAlpine (b. 1873) is my gt granny and her daughter Eliza 'Ella' Duncan (b.1899) is my grandmother on my fathers side.

Phew!

Cheers,

Jeff
Duncan, McAlpine, Sinclair, McFarlane, Ingram, Matthison, Farquhar, Bain, Forbes, McMillan

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 30 July 09 07:49 BST (UK) »
Well I'll be LOL.  Have also had a quick look at your tree, you also have a Hall family ??? Have been trying to sort it out..according to my mother we did have Hall connections in Galashiels and Roxburgh..have not yet made a connection..interesting point tho'..have photo's of various people in Galashiels and i don't know who the hell they are..maye it will come out in the wash somewhere.  Apologies from me as my A**** tree is a bit messy, my filing is hopeless, hope you are sorting it out. ;D
Regards Pat...will send a PM later with my e.mail adds if you want it.

Cold this morning in Qld cannot imagine what it is like in Vic  :P

Offline aussiejeff

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 30 July 09 08:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Pat.

OK with the e-mail addy.

I'll give you mine as a bonus. :)

It is a tad nippy in Wodonga. Snow showers in the alps and about 8C here now.... brrrr....  ;D