Author Topic: chapman three mile water  (Read 38571 times)

Offline tomahurra

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
chapman three mile water
« on: Monday 08 November 10 22:30 GMT (UK) »
Looking for any information on the Chapman family of Three Mile Water. Martha Chapman born 1842 married Edward Smith Dunganstown 1862.Think Martha parents were John and Sarah.

Offline gacman55

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: chapman three mile water
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 13 November 10 18:02 GMT (UK) »
Martha born 17 August 1842 (don't recall, perhaps baptism date) to John and Sarah Grundy Chapman. Sarah died a few years later (15 Mar 1844) after giving birth to Martha's brother, Benjamin (6 Mar 1844). Martha's Chapman grandparents were Benjamin and Martha Richardson Chapman. Martha's brother, Benjamin, came to the U.S. and died in Minnesota in 1900. Her father remarried and had two more children. Have more information up, down, and sideways.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Online Erato

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Old Powder House, 1703
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 13 November 10 18:54 GMT (UK) »
I don’t necessarily see a connection but I have Chapmans from Wicklow in my tree.  My gg grandfather was Benjamin Henry Chapman, born 1820 in Ballyloughlin, Wicklow.   He was the son of Joseph Charles Chapman and Sarah Hudson.  Joseph Charles Chapman was the son of James Chapman who, according to family lore, came to Ireland from Leeds.

My gg grandfarher,  B.H. Chapman, married Mary E. Pepper [b. 1819 in Avoca, Wicklow] and they emigrated to N. America in about 1844.  They settled in Wisconsin.  Later, descendants of B.H. Chapman’s half brother emigrated to the U.S. and settled in Minnesota.

Do you see any connection?
Wiltshire:  Banks, Taylor
Somerset:  Duddridge, Richards, Barnard, Pillinger
Gloucestershire:  Barnard, Marsh, Crossman
Bristol:  Banks, Duddridge, Barnard
Down:  Ennis, McGee
Wicklow:  Chapman, Pepper
Wigtownshire:  Logan, Conning
Wisconsin:  Ennis, Chapman, Logan, Ware
Maine:  Ware, Mitchell, Tarr, Davis

Offline tomahurra

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 13 November 10 21:57 GMT (UK) »
Erato thanks for taking the time to send me a message but I can't see a connection.

Offline tomahurra

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 13 November 10 22:02 GMT (UK) »
For the attention of Gacman 55 thank you so much of your information. I think that we are both takling about the same Martha Chapman. Please please more information.Martha is in fact my great great grandmother. If you click on little green icon on the left of this message you can send me a personal message.

Look forward to hearing from you

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 13 November 10 22:57 GMT (UK) »
New members usually need 3 posts before they can use PM system.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline gacman55

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 14 November 10 19:46 GMT (UK) »
Erato

I doubt any connection unless it is back in the 1700s.  My line goes to ggrandfather Benjamin R. Chapman (b. 1813)> Benjamin (d 1858, m 1811)... possibly the Benjamin baptized 19 Dec 1784, son of John and Catharine Chapman. There was a John Chapman born in Wicklow in 1741 with father Joseph Chapman, mother's name not known. There were no Josephs in my ggrandfathers brothers, just Henry and John, for what that's worth. His sisters, Martha, Catharine, and Anne. Love the naming patterns when they were followed closely unless there were simply too, too many.

Offline gacman55

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 14 November 10 19:54 GMT (UK) »
tomahurra

I'll get enough posts. Thanks for the heads up on this posing from tomahurra to my genealogy colleague in Dublin (thanks Joyce). Martha's parents, John and Sarah Grundy Chapman were married in Killiskey Parish, Feb 15, 1840. Bestman was Benjamin Chapman and the "Matron of Honor " (perhaps just a form listing from the Wicklow Family History Centre) was George Trim. Probably these should be simply listed as witnesses.

I have had nothing on your Martha other than her birth, so I will really appreciate knowing more about her descendants, too.

Offline lap02001

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 01 August 14 06:12 BST (UK) »
gacman55 & Tomahurra I believe we have the same line we are looking to navigate. This is what I have:

Benjamin Chapman/Rachael Adair > Benjamin R. Chapman / Martha Richardson > John Chapman / Catherine

Im stuck at John Chapman / Catherine as well as Martha Richardson (b.1785). Any info would be greatly appreciated.