Author Topic: Sorry--Alexander Robinson--Again  (Read 2019 times)

Offline Elsa-Mary

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Sorry--Alexander Robinson--Again
« on: Tuesday 18 November 14 18:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Some confusing info I have received re my grandfather Alexander ( Harold) Robinson born approx 1896-  I believe Co Tyrone ? to mother MARGARET Robinson--family stems from Irwins.-or so I was led to believe .
A relative has had a genealogy report- that has birth cert for Alexander(-and she was present at birth) !sadly very short 36  hrs!!--but it brings forth the name Mitcheltrees- for the  his grandmother (Rebecca )not sure of this spelling-WHEN i WAS almost   CONVINCED IT WAS iRWIN-(IRWEN)
Is anyone able to add to this info-please.
Also-after many-many searches re Alexanmders alleged  career as B Special???--there are no records to back this up--WHY???
How strange is this--as I have--and I am quite happy to put a picture of Alexander in uniform UP --that seemingly cannot be confirmed as---RUC/RIC--.
FOR ME VERY FRUSTRATING! Uniform is complete-apart from so called webbing!
So why is there no record of this man!!? anywhere.
Also-he died in 1958 in Liverpool----seems there is no record of his burial place.
Ok so lots of questions---this man I have been told was--Sniper--and a very Special B?? Special--would records be withheld?
Would be so grateful for any thoughts on this xx
Lunt, Greenwood, Lancashire/Cheshire/N Ireland.
Taggart,Robinson,Bates. N Ireland
Roberts, Liverpool.
Amos, Mostyn, Flintshire.

Offline Elsa-Mary

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sorry--Alexander Robinson--Again
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 18 November 14 20:36 GMT (UK) »
 :) So sorry  Mod,

It has been quite awhle since I posted here--please forgive me.

Since I  last posted--some info via relative- -albeit a 36hr genealogy search regarding Rebecca Irwin?--mentions on Alexander's birth cert as present--but named as Mitcheltree?
Also--the harps coveredby crown on Alexanders uniform-which means he was either RIC/RUC.
i DO APOLOGISE--I just get carried away :-[
Lunt, Greenwood, Lancashire/Cheshire/N Ireland.
Taggart,Robinson,Bates. N Ireland
Roberts, Liverpool.
Amos, Mostyn, Flintshire.