Author Topic: Andrew (Jack) Carson  (Read 5539 times)

Offline Don2014

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Andrew (Jack) Carson
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 12 November 14 01:52 GMT (UK) »
I am hopeful that this email reaches you since I am looking at an archive search that you carried out dated December 24th 2007.

My Mother Beryl Decima Hutchins worked for Carson’s American Circus in the late 1920’s
Whilst at the Circus she had a child called Jackie (Jacqueline) with Jack Carson.

She had jumped ship en route to Shanghai while sailing to become engaged to Sir Victor Sassoon who was quite a lot older than her and she didn’t want any part in it. After jumping ship she joined the Circus.

From what I understand her Father was a Turf Accountant and had connections with Sir Victor through the Turf Club in Bombay.

Prior to this she had been born in India and had been sent to England and Switzerland for her education.

Her Fathers name was Wilfred Hutchins and her Mother was Jessie and they lived in Poona south of Bombay.

My Father met my Mother at a Tennis Tournament in Calcutta. My grandather was a Director of Rowe and Company in Rangoon Burma.
They fell in love were married in Calcutta and my Father recalled meeting Jackie before they returned to England. I do have pictures of her as a baby and as a young child.

I was born in 1933 unfortunately the marriage didn’t work out and my  mother returned to India shortly before WWII.

My Mother had two more children Peter and Tessa, Peter was born in England and Tessa in India.
At the time of the Raj the family moved to Bulawayo Rhodesia and my Mother and John Pendrell Yates flew to Capetown and were married in 1945 as they were unable to connect with my Father during WWII.

I was fortunate to locate my half brother Peter my Mother and sister through the Salvation Army here in Canada in the late 1980’s at the age o fifty eight. Peter has since unfortunately passed on, but I am in contact with my half sister Tessa and family.
on a regular basis, and both she and Peter and other members of the family have visited us here in Canada.

After finding my Mother and Peter and Tessa I set my sights on trying to find Jackie.
Today I received an email from Sam Tessa’s daughter saying that she thinks she has found Jackie and that she was alive a year ago but starting to develop Alzheimers  and dementia, and that she has a daughter Called Voyella Phillips.

I don’t know where you fit into all this as a best friend but there must be some connection because the timeline makes sense and I would dearly love to connect with you on this matter before I am too old to travel.

Yours very Truly,

Don McDowall
Phone 604 986 8481 Call collect British Columbia Canada.