Author Topic: Alfred Street 1861-1871 census  (Read 1839 times)

Offline walrusje

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Alfred Street 1861-1871 census
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 30 January 11 23:08 GMT (UK) »
hi jerico
Alfreds father was edward( b. enfield wash), mother Sarah.he was my gt grand father.
regards,walrusje

Offline jericho

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 31 January 11 07:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi  walrusje

Welcome to Rootschat, yes we do have a connection, my connection is with Edward's brother's Joseph and Peter.  I don't have that much information on the children of Edward as I have only recently starting looking at these lines, I don't know who would be a witness at Alfred's marriage, could it possible be a William Cole.

jericho
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Morkin 58

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 06 September 14 14:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Jennifer,

My great x3 grandfather, William Street, was Caroline Street's brother. William Street married Susan Mary Ann Bacon in 1843. Their daughter, Mary Ann Matilda Street (Tilly) was my maternal grandfather's grandma. Caroline Godfrey nee Street had a son, Robert, before she was married to William Godfrey. William and Caroline had 2 sons: William (1846) and James (c1850). In later life, Caroline lived at the almshouses at Arewater Green. There is a photo of some of the residents, including Caroline, available on the internet. It was taken c1895 and Caroline is on the right of the picture. I tried to add it here, but couldn't insert the photo.

Offline jennifer c

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Latest bud on my family tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 04 October 14 12:28 BST (UK) »
Hello Morkin 58,

I am sorry I have not responded to your email before, I have only just stumbled across your reply.

I do have a copy of this wonderful picture as David Godfrey is my cousin and we have worked together on our family history for over twenty five years.

Thank you for taking the time to bring this photograph to a wider audience as this may help others.

Regards
Jennifer
Stevens /Godfrey /Rudgley /Claridge/ Gipson /George /Bliss
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk