Author Topic: SPRINT Family  (Read 17868 times)

Offline Grimason

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: SPRINT Family
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 16 December 14 22:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Owairoa,
You mentioned the following surnames GRIMASON / GRIMISON, PRESTON, SPRINT and WOODHOUSE.
I would like to point out connections to the GRIMASON surname that you may not be aware of.
The SPRINT and WOODHOUSE connections are in County Armagh, Ireland.
 William GRIMASON married an Ann WOODHOUSE on the 13 January 1847 at Drumcree, Armagh, Ireland.

William GRIMASON /GRIMISON married Isabella SPRINT on the 17 October 1856 at Kilmore, Armagh, Ireland.

Mary GRIMASON married Andrew PRESTON on 2 November 1910 at Belfast, Antrim, Ireland.

So as you can see there is now more than one connection between the surnames you mentioned.
You also now have some locations to work with as well.

The GRIMASON surname is a registered Guild Of One Names Study which I registered.

Offline james sprint

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 16 September 16 12:33 BST (UK) »
I had a communication 20 years ago from a gentleman who's name was John Auton. He showed me a family tree he'd taken years to research. My distant grand father is Whitley Sprint, then down through Thomas Sprint. My actual Grand father was Joseph Sprint, he left Armagh and opened up a grocers shop in Govan, Glasgow, Scotland. My father was James Sprint, he had a brother called Thomas (I'm Thomas's double) I have two daughters and I'm the last male in this line.

I met 2 relatives living in New Zealand also about 20 years ago who were also descendants of Whitley.

I am James Sprint living near Bournemouth England.

Offline Grimason

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 16 September 16 20:38 BST (UK) »
Hi James,
Re Whitley Sprint.
I have reason to believe that Isabella Sprint whom married William Grimason may have been a sister of Whitley Sprint.
The reason i say this is a son of William Grimason and Isabella Grimason formally Sprint was named Thomas Whitley Grimason, he was born 16 Dec 1857 and Baptized 11 Mar 1858 at Ballyworkan, Armagh, Ireland.
I have been doing research on the GRIMASON / GRIMISON families since 1985 this is when I first learned that some of the GRIMASON's adopted the GRIMSHAW surname , started doing Genealogical research in 1984.
I have ample proof of the GRIMSHAW surname adoption and a probated will can not be refuted that shows this.
William Grimason and Isabella Grimason formally Sprint went to USA, there are descendants living in Pennsylvania today under the Grimison surname variant.
Due to recent DNA results it would appear that the Pennsylvania Grimison family is related to the Grimison family of New South Wales, Australia.

Offline james sprint

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 19 September 16 08:51 BST (UK) »
Owairoa - did you get the email?

Offline Mizrada

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 22 November 19 10:28 GMT (UK) »
I am researching the Sprint family too, Has anyone found who Whitley's parents are or Whitley's marriage to Elizabeth yet? I am researching for someone and they are Descended from Whitley's son Thomas Whitley Sprint

Offline james sprint

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 22 November 19 11:28 GMT (UK) »
I can't answer your question but here's a link I like.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Sprint

Offline Mizrada

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 22 November 19 12:09 GMT (UK) »
Which of Thomas Whitleys children are you descended from? the one my friend is descended from is John who married Janet (Jessie) Dunbar.

Offline james sprint

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 22 November 19 12:35 GMT (UK) »
Whitley SPRINT b. c 1795
Thomas SPRINT c1833
Joseph Sprint c1870
James sprint 1911
Me, James 1956
Two daughters 1991 and 1992

Offline Mizrada

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 22 November 19 13:21 GMT (UK) »
So your Dad is James Edwards Sprint? So the person I am researching for John is her Gt Gt Grandad, your Grandads brother