Author Topic: Winifred Peake, Corwen  (Read 10004 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Winifred Peake, Corwen
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 22 July 14 22:19 BST (UK) »
Where did you get Harriet from Gadget?

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 22 July 14 22:20 BST (UK) »
My Llangollen record booklets (vol 16) - she was a witness.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 22 July 14 22:21 BST (UK) »
I see!

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 22 July 14 22:33 BST (UK) »
The info from Names from Clwyd has this entry:

371 Llangollen: 17 Feb 1866 mar/o William PEAKE (x) (lab) ba/23 of Penybryn, Corwen s/o Evan (lab)
                                                               & Winefred JONES (x) sp/25 of Queen Inn, Corwen d/o Edward (rockman)
                                     (After Superintendent Registrar's Certificate for Marriage without Licence)

http://www.namesfromclwyd.org.uk/

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline jones9

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 22 July 14 22:34 BST (UK) »
Wrj,
I thought pontfadog was in llangollen?

Gadget,
Harriet b.1874 was their daughter,
Harriet on marriage certificate is (I think) william peakes aunt.

Cant find winifreds birth record but theres a 1861 census Tyn y Graig, hendreforfydd, which has Edward Jones and his sister Winifred.

Im hoping that Winifred Jones is related to Henry Edward Jones in some way, as his grandfather Thomas Jones was from Corwen - as youve helped me with before (b.1776 corwen).

In 1841, Queen Square Corwen, theres a winifred jones b1840, with (sister?) miriam jones b1837.

In 1851, toxteth, liverpool, theres a winifred b1839 corwen living with her uncle and aunt, john (b1824 ruthin) and miriam evans (b1823 corwen).

The Queen square/toxteth connection also fits in with the Goodman Jones family. Sarah Goodman Jones (witness to henry edward jones and margaret peake marriage in toxteth) was the sister of simon goodman and john goodman jones who are living at queens square, corwen and later toxteth, and later birkenhead next to my Jones family. Theyre children of john jones and susannah edwards (d/o goodman edwards corwen). John jones' parents come from llangollen.

There are so many overlaps between all these families its making it really confusing - im sure theyre related in some way to my joneses!

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 22 July 14 22:40 BST (UK) »
Pontfadog was a township in the Glyn Traean part of Llangollen parish but became a parish in it's own right in 1848  http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/DEN/Pontfadog/index.html

The Family Search records are linked to the FindMyPast records which have many of the Llangollen records wrongly indexed as Pontfadog.

WR and I know the area and the records extremely well  ;D

Gadget

Offline jones9

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 22 July 14 23:04 BST (UK) »
Thanks for clearing this up gadget! :)

I dont think the 1861 census for winifred jones is correct as in 1871 shes still there unmarried at tan y graig, so it must be a different winifred jones!

Cant seem to find her on findmypast - are all the corwen parish records there for this period? I have the booklets for pre1811, struggling to find 1840s baptisms

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 22 July 14 23:28 BST (UK) »
Whilst it seems that the Peake people were related,there were many Jones families in the area!

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline jones9

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 29 July 14 15:21 BST (UK) »
wrj,

I have done some further research on these Peakes and they match up to the Chirk Peakes you have!

Evan Peake, a stonemason b.1761, Llandrillo(-yn Edeirnion), d.1829 Corwen. He married a Jane ? and had the following children: Jane (1789 Llandrillo), Margaret (1794 Llandrillo), Elizabeth (1797 Llandrillo), Evan Thomas (1801 Corwen), Ellin (1804 Corwen), Anne (1806 Corwen), Mary (1808 Corwen, who married David Jones in Llangowen, 1831), Edward (1814 Corwen, who married Elizabeth Jones 1843 Corwen).

Evan then was born in 1761, Llandrillo son of John Peake of Twn, Llandrillo and Margaret Evans (it gives her maiden name on their birth record), their only other child recorded is Elizabeth (1757).

As you have said, John Peake married Margaret Evans in 1756, Pontfadog/Llangollen, and he was the son of Richard and Elizabeth.

Does your research go any further back than Richard & Elizabeth?