Author Topic: tying up some loose ends, Rae family  (Read 8751 times)

Offline pz40

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: tying up some loose ends, Rae family
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 14 February 13 09:09 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Kerry :).

"I had the 1861 census but did not pick up that the Fleming family were part of the same household?"

I don't think the Fleming family were part of the Jane Kidd and Margaret Rae's household.  They were simply another family living at the same address in 1861.

Further research has led me to think that Thomas Fleming (b abt 1826)) and Sarah Fleming (b. abt 1829) were brother and sister - children of Sarah Fleming (53) (listed with them in 1861) and George Fleming (not listed - unless he was the George Fleming (4) !!! absent - with his age either wrongly recorded or hugely mistranscribed).  George Fleming (14) was also the son of George and Sarah - and younger brother of Thomas and Sarah.

But I don't think they had any family link to the Kidd/Rae household.

Offline sepoulin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: tying up some loose ends, Rae family
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 25 May 14 03:43 BST (UK) »
I have just come across these posts while trying to find information on my grandfather's first wife, Margaret Lowrie Rae, born, I believe about 1881 in Scotland. They were married on March 9, 1912 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada and Margaret's parents are shown as John and Agnes. The record is hand written and I am having trouble making out Agnes' maiden name. I am wondering if Margaret Lowrie Rae is from the families mentioned in these posts?