Author Topic: Can anyone help Terence Timons  (Read 1625 times)

Offline km1971

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone help
« Reply #9 on: Friday 21 November 14 13:03 GMT (UK) »
His first name was Terence and he was a cadet before his first commission as Timons - https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/29975/supplement/2358 - Stephen has already posted the correction to the surname.

The SWB only listed Wound and Sickness as reasons, but I suspect he was injured during training at Home. So the SWB will be his only entitlement. Although if he did serve overseas he could have failed to apply for his medals. Officers did not get them automatically.

You could contact the Kings Museum. They may have something as he was an officer.

Ken

Offline Hotrocks

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone help
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 22 November 14 21:16 GMT (UK) »
Wow thanks, sorry for the late response as I thought I would get emails if anyone responded. The correct surname is Timmons, I'll have a proper look at all your responses over the weekend.
Thanks again

Offline Hotrocks

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone help Terence Timons
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 25 November 14 16:23 GMT (UK) »
Can someone edit the thread title for me to Terence Timmons. I cant find how to do it.

Thanks

Offline Gedtim

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone help Terence Timons
« Reply #12 on: Friday 26 December 14 21:21 GMT (UK) »
I have been researching this for some time. TT was my Grandfather. I have a photo of him wounded wearing a 'Wounded in Action' armband. In addition I believe have located another photo of him as part of a trench raiding party in 1916. Could it is be possible that he was a cadet on active service in 1916 prior to his becoming promoted to 2nd Lt?

Regards

Ged Timmons