Author Topic: What was Stella Maris, Wyndham Road, Walkford, Christchurch, Hampshire, England  (Read 2876 times)

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: What was Stella Maris, Wyndham Road, Walkford, Christchurch, Hampshire, England
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 17 September 14 13:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Ramjo

I don't think William Robertson Rougham was a seaman in any form.  He was descendant of an Irish Catholic and based on the responses to my post, I am assuming now that the house/home he was at when he died was called Stella Maris.  I had wondered if it was an institution and the only instances of which I am aware that have used the name Stella Maris were institutions.  This doesnt mean someone couldn't cal their home Stella Maris I suppose.

I was researching a home some ancestors built called Bryn-Y-Mor to find out yesterday that it is now the Stella Maris convent in Swansea to I admit to being confused.

Below is the information on the Administration record for William.  William was only 49 years old when he died so it is possible he was ill and in a hospital/hospice at the end of his life.

ROUGHAN William Robertson of Stella Maris Wyndham Road Walkford Christchurch Hampshire died 13 February 1933 Administration London 22 April to Isabella Cargil Roughan widow.  Effects £572 14s 4d.

Regards

Westy11