Author Topic: Blackwell's from Rhyl area  (Read 6802 times)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Blackwell's from Rhyl area
« Reply #9 on: Monday 20 February 12 00:41 GMT (UK) »
Using the formula below shows 3 Blackwell children

John Henry 11
Wilfred 6
Florence 4

If John Henry snr died 1903 - then he could not be the father of Florence either 

USING THE FREE 1911 INDEX TO DETERMINE THE CORRECT HOUSEHOLD

http://www.1911census.co.uk/search/tnaform.aspx

Once you find a possible match - make a note of the county and district in which the person was living

Return to the index and in PERSONAL DETAILS - just put the surname of the family - nothing else

In LOCATION - Select the county and below it - type in the district

In OTHER MEMBERS OF THE HOUSEHOLD - show the full name of the person you have found on the index

Click SEARCH

The 1911 census is strictly pay per view so you will have to buy credits to view the full entry - the above instructions will only help to possibly show others of the same surname in the same household
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline quartersection

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 20 February 12 05:50 GMT (UK) »
1911 census does show robert vaughan as head of household married to elizabeth halewood and yes I'm not sure about who florence father should be since her name is blackwell and yes john henry died in 1903, I do have a marriage cert for my grandfather saying he is wilfred's father, but I can't find anything more about his brother and sisters or aunts and uncles.

thanks for the help

carl
Blackwell Family from Rhyl, Jones from Holywell, Walkdens from Bolton

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 20 February 12 09:26 GMT (UK) »
Apologies for last night but it is the Robert Vaughan marriage I can't find.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 20 February 12 15:47 GMT (UK) »
No - same here - I can't find any re-marriage between 1903-1911 to Robert Vaughan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline JG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 16 August 13 09:46 BST (UK) »
Hi - is anyone still using this post, as I might have some helpful info.

My great grandfather was Robert Vaughan, who is listed in the 1911 census as married to Elizabeth (formerly, Blackwell/Halewood). Like you, I can't find a marriage for him to Elizabeth, and I think the reason is that he was still married to my great Grandmother - although they were estranged. Unlikely to have been able to get a divorce in those days. She moved from Rhyl to live with her three daughters (my grandmother and great aunts) in Shotton.

So, I'm intrigued as to whether the younger Blackwell children (Florence, Wilfred) were actually his children, so half-siblings to my grandmother?? And in fact, whether there were any other children, born to Robert and Elizabeth after 1911. Does anyone know about this?

Offline quartersection

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 16 February 14 14:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi JG, sorry haven't been on here for ages. I believe robert had 4 children with elizabeth, gertrude, eva, alice and catherine. elizabeth went on to have another children with john morgan, corneilius. if you have access to ancestry you can see my tree from there. I have been trying to confirm most of this, but now all of my relatives have pasted. I can just remember having seen lots of the blackwells at my grandmothers funeral back in 1973, but with elizabeth it does get a little confusing. hope this helps, any questions just ask.

thanks
carl

Offline JG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 16 February 14 18:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carl. Thanks very much for your reply. It bas helped to piece things together. Catherine, Gertrude, Eva and Alice were actually Robert's children with his estranged wife Margaret - Gertrude was my Grandma. So it seems likely that he and Elizabeth just lived together for a while. I checked and Robert isn't listed as father on Florence's birth certif. robert died in the pauper's hospital with no family listed so perhaps their connection wasn't very long. Interesting to read your info about Cornelius. Will be interesting to see who is where when the 1921 census is released!
All the best
JG

Offline quartersection

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 04 April 21 03:27 BST (UK) »
It’s been a while, but I now have the birth certificate for my grandfather and there is no name or occupation for my great grandfather so obviously I’m not a descendent of the Blackwell’s, Elizabeth just put her name down as sole parent so now I’m doing a DNA test to see if I can come up with an answer to who might be our descendant on my grandfathers side.
If any comes up with answers or questions let me know.

Offline JG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 05 April 21 09:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Carl,
That's intriguing - so there is a slight chance that your grandfather may be son of Robert Vaughan, and be in our family line after all? The 1921 census could hold some clues/answers too, and not too long to wait for that now.
Robert Vaughan died in 1930 at the St Asaph Union Workhouse Hospital, with his address given as Kinmel St, Rhyl if that helps at any point.
Best of luck - let us know if you find anything more.
JG