Author Topic: SAMUEL MILWARD b1779 Beguildery, Radnorshire  (Read 6429 times)

Offline Nimchimpsky

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: SAMUEL MILWARD b1779 Beguildery, Radnorshire
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 28 March 13 16:34 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Roger

ALL info is fantastic and is greatly appreciated, thank you ... that would tie up with the 'Robert, died 1749' in Trish's post ... 100%.

The spelling of 'Milward' has always been a 'problem' throughout my searches, the use of 'double L' is quite common up until around 1900 (in my experience).

Many thanks again.

Offline Nimchimpsky

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 02 April 13 13:44 BST (UK) »
Hi All

Still trying to ascertain info on various children of Robert & Elizabeth Milward, if anyone can help with the following (my info as near as I can ascertain) then I'd be extremely grateful, please:

George Milward born 1767, Whitton?  married 1797, Whitton? (wife unknown)  died poss 1844

All other children (below) born circa 1768 - 1785 to the same couple (Robert & Elizabeth Mlward):

John Milward, James Milward, Thomas Milward, Robert Milward and Ann Milward.

I believe that Ann was the youngest and was under the age of 15 in 1790. George was definitely the eldest ... hence my guess that the birthdates fall between 1768 and 1785ish.

I know this is a big ask and I have located 'possibilities' for one or two of them but I'm very interested (and extremely grateful) to anyone who can offer any information at all.

Many thanks in advance.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 24 May 13 13:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Nimchimpsky,

Can't find a baptism but there's a marriage record for George to Ann Morris of Beguildy on 26 Oct 1797 at Whitton. And a burial in 1844.

Were you looking for this on another thread? Think I've already sent these to you!

Deirdre
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....