Author Topic: TRAYLOR in Presteigne  (Read 16138 times)

Offline private78245

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: TRAYLOR in Presteigne
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 29 August 12 18:41 BST (UK) »
Hi,  I'll see what i can do.
Trailor,Traylor.Jones. Morgans. Griffiths, Evans.

Offline Fooman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 29 August 12 20:04 BST (UK) »
Thank you.  I certainly know that Edwin Traylor marrying Mary Watkins is definitely in the right family tree.  Would be great to find out how far back you've got and then if we have anything further or any dates you've got missing or anything like that we can add them together. 

I know from a gravestone we found in Presteigne there was a John and Jane Traylor and it listed their children which were buried with them but we haven't been able to figure out where they fit so your info might help with that.

Did you know they still play for the Edwin Traylor memorial cup at the local football club?  Another Edwin Traylor to the one we're talking about but still a relative. 

Offline private78245

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 04 September 12 15:19 BST (UK) »
Hi,  sorry for the delay.
 Most of my information I have regarding the" Traylor Family" comes from  mostly letters written by Cdr.T.H.Traylor MBE. RN. my cousin.Detailing such things as the marriage line back to John of Gaunt. Edward V11 letter to the king of france for the surrender of " Traillor the buccaneer". Too many to mention here.
I have seen the stone in Presteine listing the Traylor children,I have no other info on them as yet.
Can you tie in Elizabeth Traylor who married John Gittings in Clunton June 10, 1709?
or perhaps Ambrose Traylor m Ann Morris  29/5/1649  Bromyard?

I'm part of the Trailor line that started with my grandfather changing the spelling from Traylor when he moved to Merthyr to get married.

Regards  Dave

Trailor,Traylor.Jones. Morgans. Griffiths, Evans.

Offline Fooman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 04 September 12 15:49 BST (UK) »
Wow - sounds like you're a lot further back than what we are.  We're kind of a bit stuck so any info you could send via email or I can pm you my home address would be appreciated.  I don't mind sending you a SAE for you to send anything to me of copies of letters etc that could help us. 

Offline Fooman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 14 September 12 20:04 BST (UK) »
We've got back to 1744 with a William Traylor marrying Elizabeth Davies.  Can you link this in with the information you have?  If so would be great to hear from you further.

Offline Sanwin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 06 March 13 18:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I live in Gloucester . My oldest Traylor that I can document to  is Edward Traylor he went to the Americas. I'm from the american Traylor family. Would love to find out all I can about them. There is a book written by a man named Anjou which is most likely incorrect. In it he states that the Traylor family were French Huguenot. I just don't know  but Edward came to the US. Hope to hear from you.   Sissy

Offline Sanwin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 06 March 13 18:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I can document to  the Edward Traylor that came to the Americas. I live in Gloucester , UK. There is a book written by a man named Anjou about the Traylor family. Anjou states that the Traylor family were French Huguenots . I don't know if that is correct. Would love to communicate with you.   Sissy .

Offline Sanwin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 15 March 13 23:28 GMT (UK) »
OK, that sounds great my email is (*) I would love to hear from you.   Sissy

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php