Author Topic: Sarah Milward married ? Griffiths 1833  (Read 8182 times)

Offline Nimchimpsky

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Milward married ? Griffiths 1833
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 27 April 13 22:44 BST (UK) »
Me again!. The 1841 for John Griffiths at Devanner shows dad John with Margaret, Thomas, John and Edward as in the baptisms, though daughter Sarah is missing. Mum Sarah and baby Evan have died before the 1841.

The 2 Griffiths families must be difficult to separate, though all the parish baptisms and burials seem to suggest the same abode, with variations on the spelling.

Let me know if you want me to check anyone else you had in the family.

Deirdre

A-ha ... finally located the 1841 record you refer to Deirdre, thank you very much for your help and time.  ;)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 27 April 13 22:53 BST (UK) »
A-ha ... finally located the 1841 record you refer to Deirdre, thank you very much for your help and time.  ;)

No worries, I'm having more luck with your family than my own at the moment!  ::)

I assume that this was your Sarah?
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Nimchimpsky

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 27 April 13 23:05 BST (UK) »
I believe so Deirdre ... it makes a great deal of sense (now I've got my head around matters).

Many thanks once again. (sent you an email too).

Kind Regards
Nimchimpsky

Offline Nimchimpsky

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 28 April 13 00:26 BST (UK) »
Hmmmm ... Considering that Sarah (wife) died pre 1841 census, did John (husband) re-marry (possibly to an Elizabeth)?
The children of the marriage of Sarah & John seem to appear at a later date as children of Elizabeth & John ... or maybe that's just a co-incidence, there does seem to be an 'army' of Griffiths's in Ranorshire at that time.

???

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 28 April 13 00:44 BST (UK) »
Found banns at Abbey Cwm Hir for John Griffiths to Elizabeth Lewis of Llanyre, June 1843  :)
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 28 April 13 00:47 BST (UK) »
And a FreeBMD marriage for John Griffiths and Elizabeth Lewis in Rhayader in June quarter 1843 

Offline Nimchimpsky

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 28 April 13 00:50 BST (UK) »
Thanks Deirdre, that might go a long way to explaining some things.  ;)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 28 April 13 00:57 BST (UK) »

Great  :)

I've actually made a mini-breakthrough on one of my branches tonight too ;D

Offline Nimchimpsky

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 28 April 13 01:00 BST (UK) »

Great  :)

I've actually made a mini-breakthrough on one of my branches tonight too ;D

;D Well deserved ... very pleased for you Deirdre  8)