Author Topic: Hawkins of Middlesbrough and Woodstock  (Read 10213 times)

Offline Moymcb

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Hawkins of Middlesbrough and Woodstock
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 05 October 05 23:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Gareth, I read the exchange of information about Bonners with interest, as I am related on my father's side to the Bonners from Westoning. I have traced connection back to the Crawley Bonner that you mention and beyond. I am not sure how your Joseph Bonner fits in, but assume that he must as he also came from Westoning. If I can be of any help please let me know. Regards, Tony
BDF, Bonner, Burrows. ESS, Brown, Harvey. eSSX, Stubberfield. SAL, Leech. FIF, Calvert.

Offline Harold1066

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 05 October 06 10:54 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Just been given information about this site from a ROOTSWEB Mailing List.  I have a connection, via my Mother-in-law to the Bonner's of Westoning.  Will check against the data I have later, but a lot of the names being mentioned on this thread do ring bells with me, hence this posting.

Kevin
POILE (and all varients), FISHER, BONNER, BETTS, JENNER, MESSENGER, GIBBS (Shutford), FROUD

Offline AndrewBonner

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 21 November 06 11:06 GMT (UK) »
Gareth,

I'm the great great grandson of Joseph and Sarah Bonner. You mention you've got a lot of information on the family, and I'd be very grateful to see this.

My father has a number of documents that may interest you, as well as several photographs of Henry Marshall Bonner (my great-grandfather).

Regards,

Andrew Bonner

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 21 November 06 14:29 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to rootschat Andrew, Kevin and Tony!     If you do not get a reply to your post you can always send a personal message to the rootschatter you want to contact (ie Gareth) by clicking on the grey square under their name and scrolling down until you see that option.  Personal messages are just like a private email and are not seen by the rest of the board.
It is always exciting seeing a connection for your family so I hopw you get a response soon!
Andrea

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 21 November 06 15:09 GMT (UK) »
Can't help with the ancestors themselves but Newport Road in Middlesbrough  (what's left of it) is devoted to shops and I think it always was a shopping area. My gt grandparents lived at number 108 and they had a furniture shop at  number 124. If you have a look at the Baines Directory of 1890 on GENUKI and scan on 'Newport' you will find lots of shops and a number of social clubs. A Thurlow Levi (great name!) who was a corn and flour dealer was shown at number 131 so looks like it was a shop then.  :)
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline smallwoman1949

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 18 March 12 15:44 GMT (UK) »
I am the grandaughter of ted Edward bonner Middlesbrough ..my mother was Mary Veronica bonner ...my great grandfather was joseph bonner son of Joseph from Bedfordshire and my great grandmother was Margret glasper ..very interested about glasper fam and any other connection to the bonner glasper family ....middlesbrough..I have two aunties living one still in Middlesbrough and one in Canada.I now
I' live in Hutton rudby n/y my grandfather married Kathleen comfrey from county Wicklow ireland he was in the British army...
And lived in Middlesbrough in edan road when he was married ...

Offline garethgriffiths

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Member Gwynedd Cheshire Family History Societies
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 18 March 12 16:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi smallwoman 1949 I am in receipt of your four messages in response to those initiated by me on rootschat regarding our familyM
As my laptop is down I am getting these on my blackberryM
I cant therfore communicate as well as I would like however will do once laptop repaired hoipefully this weekM

Glad to find another relation, some fanily from Canada and Australia all met last year in Llandudno and SouthportM

Speak soon hopefully or email me directM
Thanks Gareth Stoke on Trent
GRIFFITHS - Llandudno/Eglwysbach/Glan Conwy/BetwsYCoed/Llanbeblig/Caernarvon
BLEYTHIN - Llanbeblig
EVANS - Eglwysbach
JONES - Conwy/Llanrwst/TalYBont/Rowen
KEMP - Middlesbrough/Southport/Ainderby Quernhow/Kilburn/Sutton/North Riding
BONNER - Middlesbrough/Walsall/Escombe/South Hylton/Westoning, SMITH
TAYLOR/ORTH - Middlesbrough/Southport
TURNOCK - StokeOnTrent Goldenhill, Odd Rode/Astbury, Cheshire
TUNSTALL/WILCOX/DOYLE/BOYLE - Stoke on Trent (Goldenhill)
HARP - Fenton
ROGERS/STANTON - Chester

Offline smallwoman1949

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 18 March 12 21:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi thanks for reply ..posted a few incase missed ..Look forward to information you may have ..I have recived quiet a lot from Andrew Bonner...lots we knew nothing about TC ..Vivienne .

Offline smallwoman1949

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 25 July 13 23:28 BST (UK) »
Hi I saw your message would love to know the connection we have regards bonner glasper

Regards
    Vivienne