Author Topic: william lewis james  (Read 1850 times)

Offline ivorglyn

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
william lewis james
« on: Thursday 27 November 14 16:29 GMT (UK) »
Dear all,I have been researching William Lewis James born/baptised 3 april 1803 in Robeston Wathen near Narberth with father James John and mother Margaret.There is another child,Anne James, born/baptised in 1808 in Robeston Wathen(again father James John) and this record is on the IGI records.Does anyone know what happened to either of these children?Also what was the surname of Margaret?The only possible marriage I could find was in Steynton 1803 between a James John and a Margaret Barran.I know that an enquiry was made about a William James born 1802/1803 in the Narberth area who married Myrab Sutton(born Haverfordwest about 1798) in Narberth around 1820 and was wondering if this might be William Lewis James.Any help much appreciated,Ivorglyn

Offline vronlady

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: william lewis james
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 27 November 14 18:03 GMT (UK) »
I cant seem to see him listed under William lewis james and if he doesn't use that middle name then you may be in for a long search

for example there is a William james who marries narbeth in 1837, 1839 and 1849

there are also a number of deaths of William james who were born in 1802 eg 1866, 1873 and 1885

Offline vronlady

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 27 November 14 18:08 GMT (UK) »
have you seen this baptism too
George James
4 Jun 1807
Lambston,Pembroke,Wales

James John   
Margaret   

FHL Film Number:105148

Offline ivorglyn

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 28 November 14 17:01 GMT (UK) »
Dear Vronlady,The record for William Lewis James is on family search family trees.I suspect that he is down under William James on records except the birth/christening(in Robeston Wathen ~ 1803.)I am wondering whether this William James married Myrab Sutton in ~1820 in Narberth.Their first child was John James b.~1820 and the next two were Esther James b.~1823 and Ann b.1824..regards Ivorglyn

Offline vronlady

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 28 November 14 17:56 GMT (UK) »
what I was meaning was that if he doesn't use his middle name on anything else other than his baptism eg marriage or census it will be very difficult for you to be certain who he married, when he died etc as there are a number of other possible candidates  apart from william james who married myrab sutton