Author Topic: Fleeson Family and James Elliott  (Read 22834 times)

Offline howe02

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fleeson Family and James Elliott
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 13 November 11 00:28 GMT (UK) »
Looking for James Elliott birth about 1835 - he was 26 years in 1861 when he married Emily Fleeson Killucan, Westmeath and rego district Mullingar - father's name Thomas Elliott - no other information available at this stage except that we think he might have been a policeman. I was thinking of sending away for marriage certificate as this might provide birth place...............thanks again to everyone ....... Alison

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 13 November 11 09:17 GMT (UK) »
I was thinking of sending away for marriage certificate as this might provide birth place...............thanks again to everyone .......

marriage cert will show current residences for the bride and groom, which may not be their birth places. Also worth noting that  policeman were not allowed to serve in their birth county.

A marriage cert should show vital clues - e.g. his father's name and occupation, and also James's occupation at the time. If he turns out to have been in the RIC at the time, then his police records could show where he was born.. although this is given as just county of birth, which can make it difficult to follow up.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline JOHNFLEESON

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 06 January 13 23:39 GMT (UK) »
PLUNKETMY NAME IS JOHN FLEESON MY GRANDFATHER ALSO JOHN WAS BORN IN 1843 THE SON OF PLUNKET FLEESON WHO MARRIED ELIZABETH ANDERSON IN FEB 1823 IN DELVIN .MY FATHER ALSO PLUNKET WAS BORN IN 1895   . I WAS BORN IN *     JOHN.

Moderator note : some recent details removed as per RootsChat Privacy Policy

Offline howe02

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 09 January 13 10:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi John - not sure how to confirm if there is a connection because of all the similar names as I only have info that says Plunket Fleeson married Eliza Fleeson 1824 (1823?)- don't know Eliza maiden name. What other details do you have? Do you have any location details or census information.  Details of any other children? Where are you from. I am in Australia - Emily Fleeson married 1861 to James Elliott is my connection and they came to Australia. I look forward to hearing from you again.

Offline howe02

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Castletowndelvin - Mooretown - Fleeson family
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 09 January 13 12:10 GMT (UK) »
I have identified Plunket Fleeson and James Fleeson living in Castletowndelvin in 1854 and this fits in with the Fleeson family I am looking for - Plunket Fleeson with daughter Emily born 1837. Anyone with information about Plunket or James please make contact, thanks Alison

Offline howe02

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 13 January 13 04:22 GMT (UK) »
Lookup please death Eliza Fleeson 1883 Delvin, Westmeath, Ireland - (born 1803) thanks Alison - I don't have any details of her maiden name or parents or residence but was married 1824 to Plunkett Fleeson

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 13 January 13 09:40 GMT (UK) »
The only way to access the full details of a death are to order the cert from the GRO.

Death certs dont include maiden name, or any details of parents, except sometimes in the case of a child, where the informat is a parent.

See : Ordering Certs from GRO Roscommon
         Details included on a Death Cert

The references on the BMD Index for that death, seem to be incomplete as these should include a page number. You usually require this reference so that a search is not required. Might be worth trying an order without this reference, although they may charge a little more than the usual €4 for a research cert since a search will be required.

Name: Eliza Fleeson
  Registration district:   Delvin
  Event type: Death
  Quarter and year:   Apr - Jun 1883
  Reported Age: 80  (est. year of birth 1803)
  Volume: 3 / Page : ? ? ?

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline howe02

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 13 January 13 10:26 GMT (UK) »
Shane - thanks for all your advice, sincerely appreciate the assistance, thanks Alison

Offline JOHNFLEESON

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 06 February 13 23:20 GMT (UK) »
 H.I   ALLISON.      THE DETAILS I POSTED .ARE TAKEN FROM THE REGESTER OF THE OLD  CHURCH OF SAINT MARYS  DELVIN. ELIZABETH FLEESON  NEE PRICE .DIED ON 17.5.1883.HER HUSBAND PLUNKET DIED ON THE 26.5.1874. THEY WERE MY GREAT GRANDPARENTS    JOHN.