Author Topic: Isabel/ Isobel Thompson ( Nee Dinsdale ) b. 1882 Liverpool  (Read 3666 times)

Offline pirhana

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Isabel/ Isobel Thompson ( Nee Dinsdale ) b. 1882 Liverpool
« on: Friday 14 February 14 17:16 GMT (UK) »
Just over a year ago several people on this site gave me very valuable information regarding my ancestor Isabel Dinsdale. ISABEL is the correct spelling. She married a Felix Thompson in London in 1908. I have found out that Felix died in Runwell Hospital in 1943. At that time he was living in Scratton Road in Southend on Sea. Despite my best efforts I have so far failed to find details of Isabel Thompson's death. However I have very recently discovered that an ISOBEL Thompson died in 1936 aged 54 ( which would give her the correct birth date of 1882 ) and her death was registered at Rochford sub- registration district which I believe is close to Southend on Sea ( not being local). Is anybody able to confirm whether this ISOBEL Thompson was Felix's wife?

Many thanks,

Pirhana
Dinsdale ( North Yorkshire , Wolverhampton & North Wales) , Alderson ( North Yorkshire )Hill ( Toxteth ) , Morland ( North Yorkshire )  , Simpson ( Nathan- Lead miners North Yorkshire ), Walsh( Midlothian ), Webster ( Henry-Midlothian & Newcastle )

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Isabel/ Isobel Thompson ( Nee Dinsdale ) b. 1882 Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 February 14 17:42 GMT (UK) »
Rochford registration district covers Southend on Sea
http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/districts/rochford.html

You would probably need the death certificate to see who the informant was and whether it mentions Felix

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 February 14 18:47 GMT (UK) »
It looks very probable as her death, I wouldnt take any notice of the difference of Isobel/Isabel within the index.

(Even my nephews marriage, within the last decade, is in the indexes as Edmunds, when he is very definitely an Edmonds, and was married as such)

But, as Rosie said, you really need a copy of the cert to see if that gives any clues as to whether it is the right person.
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pirhana

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 15 February 14 15:03 GMT (UK) »
To rosie99 and lizdb, thanks for the suggestions. I think I'll have to get the death certificate to confirm. As Rochford reg. district became part of Southend reg. district this ISOBEL does seem a strong contender!

Thanks,

Pirhana.
Dinsdale ( North Yorkshire , Wolverhampton & North Wales) , Alderson ( North Yorkshire )Hill ( Toxteth ) , Morland ( North Yorkshire )  , Simpson ( Nathan- Lead miners North Yorkshire ), Walsh( Midlothian ), Webster ( Henry-Midlothian & Newcastle )

Offline nannyj

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 20 February 14 23:23 GMT (UK) »
In 1933, Felix Joseph Thompson was living at 27 cobham road, westcliff, Southend. That might help find Isabel?
Jamiesons, Martins and McGonigals of Coleraine, Londonderry
and
Cullens, Grahams and Challenors of Dublin county and city.

Offline pirhana

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 21 February 14 09:51 GMT (UK) »
To nannyj many thanks for your information. I've looked at Cobham Road on Street View. Very nice houses even now and in 1933 quite a desirable area to live I would think. Anyway your info and the other info which I 've been sent is all very promising for the Isobel whose death I've found in 1936.

Thanks again

Pirhana.

Offline nannyj

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 21 February 14 11:26 GMT (UK) »
The address was listed as a boarding house in Kelly's directory ... That would have helped pay the bills for a nice house :-)
Jamiesons, Martins and McGonigals of Coleraine, Londonderry
and
Cullens, Grahams and Challenors of Dublin county and city.

Offline pirhana

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 21 February 14 16:04 GMT (UK) »
To nannyj-interesting!

Pirhana.

Offline pirhana

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 26 February 14 20:01 GMT (UK) »
To nannyj, rosie99 and lizdb I've now received the death certificate for ISOBEL Thompson who died in 1936 and she was my ancestor ( despite incorrect spelling of name ) and the wife of Felix Thompson. She died in Southend Municipal Hospital, although at the time of her death they were living at 4 Clifton Terrace, Southend. From nannyj's earlier information about Felix's whereabouts in 1934 I'm not sure whether 4 Clifton Terrace was also a boarding house or house divided into flats or an entire private dwelling in 1936.

Pirhana.