Author Topic: Clonmellon Comaskeys  (Read 10324 times)

Offline scobo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Clonmellon Comaskeys
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 24 August 14 17:29 BST (UK) »
I have a birth certificate of my great grandmother Margaret Anne Cumiskey born in 18/5/1886 to Frank Cumiskey  and Anne Phillips in Clonmellon, I'm a newcomer to this any help would be appreciated

Offline tickle49

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 24 August 14 22:13 BST (UK) »
As far as I know Margaret Anne was the eldest of Anne & Frank Cumiskey's children but I've never been able to trace her descendants.  She would have been my great aunt.  I'd love to see a copy of her birth certificate and to know who she married, where she lived, and who were her children etc.  I have a tree on ancestry which I'll happily share with you which will show her siblings and aunts & uncles.  I hope this will give you a good start in your family history.  Do you have any other information about Frank & Anne; particularly Frank's father Patrick?

Chris

Offline scobo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 25 August 14 19:26 BST (UK) »
Thanks Chris for your email and your offer of help that would be great ,my mum and my aunt are gathering information as we speak:) and hopefully on Thursday ill post you with information.   Cheers Scott

Offline tickle49

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 29 August 14 08:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Scott

Thanks for your last post.  Did Margaret Anne and John remain in Glasgow?  Was Frank the eldest child born somewhere between 1908 & 1911?  I'm trying to find them in 1911 census and the work forward to sort out children.

cheers
Chris

Offline scobo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 01 September 14 19:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris i have some photos as promised for you Margaret's birth certificate and a photo of her and Delia

Offline tickle49

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 01 September 14 20:35 BST (UK) »
That would be fantastic Scott.  Will you email them.  Can I just check you received my emails with copies of other certificates etc.  Chris

Offline scobo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 01 September 14 22:37 BST (UK) »
I have received your files Chris but i dont think my photos and emails have went through,i will persevere:)

Offline scobo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 04 September 14 19:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris I'm still struggling with the photos keep rejecting them because of filename  I'll have another attempt this weekend. I have information on Margaret Anne Cumiskey's children,Frank married Esther children Margaret ,Anne, May and Frank.Alec married divorcee Edith and adopted her son Peter.Jack married Alice children Margaret ,Cathy and Denis.Bill married Nettie Brown children William and Jeanette.Joe married unknown moved to Wales no children.Annie married John Rice children Grace and Patricia.Edward was unmarried but had child called Delia.       Thanks for your efforts much appreciated Scott

Offline tickle49

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 04 September 14 20:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Scott
Let me know if you continue to have problems sending your files.  Do you have my personal email?  I can always sort out a dropbox folder or similar to which you can upload them.
Thanks for this additional info.  I presume Jack was your grandfather John.
Also are all these families, other than Joseph who moved to Wales, based in Glasgow/Scotland?  I ask because I find Scotlandspeople website a struggle to use effectively without spending large amounts chasing red herrings!  Unfortunately there are really no real alternatives when researching Scottish families.
Hopefully my Ancestry tree will give you a good start on your Cumiskey links.  Sadly I think you may find your Welsh family history a bigger challenge as it seems to be a common name in Glasgow.  That said, I can tell you that your great grandfather John had a brother Alexander who had a wife Jeanie and daughter Catherine (1901 census for Commerce Street Glasgow).
Chris