Author Topic: Need your facial comparison skills. Same baby boy & woman 11 yrs later?  (Read 618 times)

Offline marshas

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Need your facial comparison skills. Same baby boy & woman 11 yrs later?
« on: Tuesday 25 November 14 17:59 GMT (UK) »
The group photo with the barefoot boy was taken in 1910.  The woman front row right is Ida.  Is Ida also the woman in the photo with baby on Heikki's knee, taken in 1898?  I know it is Heikki in both photos, age 38 and 50.

Does the baby on Heikki's knee look like the barefoot boy 11 years later?   Does the barefoot boy look like Ida, front row right?

The 3rd photo shows Ida with her adopted daughter in about 1911, for comparison. Kindly use your recognition skills.  Thank you!

Offline dansdottir

• RootsChat Extra
  • Bixby surname project co-adminstrator, FTDNA
    • View Profile
Re: Need your facial comparison skills. Same baby boy & woman 11 yrs later?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 25 November 14 20:59 GMT (UK) »
Marsha,
I think any of the people in the group photo could be related to any of the others, going by looks.  That said, yes, I do think the barefoot boy and the seated woman on the right have rather similar features.  I also think the barefoot boy could definitely be the baby on Heikki's knee.  It kind of surprises me that the seated woman on the right is the same as the woman in the third photo with the little girl.  Their chins look different to me.
Bixby[England], Washburn[England], Coffman[Ireland], Hazlett[Ireland, Scotland], Irwin[Ireland], Coughlin[Ireland], Fitzgerald[Ireland], Heavilon[England], Kile[England], James[Wales], Phillips[Wales], McKee[Scotland]

Offline marshas

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 25 November 14 21:30 GMT (UK) »
Thanks dansdottir!  The lighting may account for the chin difference.  A rare thing we do know is that is Ida in those 2 photos. :)

Offline Nettie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • You can choose your friends but not your relations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 29 November 14 14:05 GMT (UK) »
My thinking is that the middle woman in the first photo is a better match for Ida. I think she has a much closer resemblance to the woman in the last photo.
Researching: Cronin / Nolan - Gortadrislig, Kerry
Finn/Clifford - Callinafercy and Scort, Kerry
Spillane - Milltown
Also:- Byrne / Tyrrell - Dublin