Author Topic: SLESSOR  (Read 43603 times)

Offline alex730

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: SLESSOR
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 22 November 09 21:14 GMT (UK) »
to Karen and KBG

George Warrender and Margaret Slessor were my GGGG grandparents too.  Information on them was obtained from the Old Deer Episcopal Records. George's parents were Peter Warrender and Mary Thompson. Margaret Slessor's parents were George Slessor and Janet Jeolly married at Old Deer on 18 July 1765.   I have only stumbled upon this site recently and would be interested in finding out more about your family history lines.

My surname is Warrender and my line is through George's son James, his son James, his son George and his son John (my grandfather) who married Isabella Smith Leslie on 6 June 1919.

Alex730

Offline Karenswb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 26 December 09 05:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alex,
My maiden name is Warrander with ancestors from Old Deer, and I was delighted to see your notice on here.  I am willing to share all my information with you if we are of the same family.  If you would like to contact me directly, please send me a personal message.  I look forward to hearing from you.
Karen

Moderator comment: E-mail address removed.

Offline Karenswb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 26 December 09 06:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi again Alex,
Now that I have checked I am convinced we are following the same family -
George Warrander m Margaret Slessor in 1793
  Their son James married Isabella Cobban in 1824
      Their son James married Jean Greig in 1853
          Their son George (your GGGGgrandfather) is the brother of my GGGGgrandfather Alexander Marr Warrander.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Karen

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 26 December 09 15:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi & welcome to rootschat,
I'm interested in the Isabella Cobban who married James Warrender. Have you details of her parentage? I've got a few Cobban lines in my family trees. It would be great to find a connection.!
By the way, can you please remove your email address (by modifying it) from your post? If you click on this link it will explain why.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,123033.0.html

Kind regards,
flst :)
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline Karenswb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 27 December 09 00:58 GMT (UK) »
Not sure how to modify anything on here but I will keep trying.
Isabella Cobban dau of George & Elizabeth Cobban (nee Henry) was ch 18 July 1797 in Lonmay.  Her siblings were Margaret ch 1801, George ch 1803, Anne ch 1805, William ch 1807 all in Lonmay.  Isabella Cobban married James Warrander in 1824.  Their issue - Anne ch 5 Aug 1824 Died 29 Mar 1904, James ch 26 Nov 1826 Died 27 Oct 1901, Elizabeth ch 6 Jan 1833 Died 22 July 1904 & George born 1834 / ch 1837 Died 13 June 1915.
Hope this helps.

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 27 December 09 12:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Karen,
Thanks for replying so quick! I will look into this more thoroughly & let you know what I find. I cannot see a connection with "my " Cobbans just now,but it's worth checking out. Regarding modifying your posts, just go to the post you want to change & click on modify. You can then alter anything you've already printed.
Regards,
flst :)
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline kickbuttgirlie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 26 May 10 16:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Alex730,

Just found this thread again.  We are fairly closely related as my line is George - James - George - James.

If I have counted it correctly we would be... 2nd cousins twice removed - blood relative :)

Regards

KBG :)
Aberdeen: Coulthard, Chilcott, Bartie, Wallace, Clark, Robertson, Warrander, Hunter, Brown
Lincolnshire: Chilcott, Barratt, Robinson, Twidale, Beacock

Offline maldoh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 13 September 10 15:18 BST (UK) »
I am the grandson of Jessie Ogston Slessor, who was the 2nd cousin once removed of James William Slessor Marr.  My great-grandfather, Jessie's father, was Alexander Slesser, of Milton of Fisherie, Aberdeenshire.  JWS Marr is my 3rd cousin, once removed.  I am looking for information about James's immediate family.  I know the identities of his parents and grandparents, but I would like to know more about his brothers and sister.  I have some information about his marriage and his children, but a lot of the details about his family are difficult to find.  Perhaps someone could help me.  I live in Australia.  My grandmother emigrated to Australia after WWI and married my Australian grandfather on 4 March 1921 in Melbourne.

Offline carolyn 222

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 23 September 10 20:33 BST (UK) »
Would like any information on the George Slessor family of Peterhead, Scotland.