Author Topic: Patteshall puddlestone  (Read 5062 times)

Offline LMP

• RootsChat Member
  • --
    • View Profile
Patteshall puddlestone
« on: Sunday 29 September 13 16:28 BST (UK) »
I am having difficulty tracking down a place called The Ford  which I think a building. My interest is the Patteshall family Puddlestone 1600 - 1700  john Patteshall married Ann Davies of Clun who's brother was Rev John Davies DD his will gave me a few family names. I think John was born 1654 in Puddlestone  his father could have been William. Born 1610  The Ford Puddlestone. In John sons will it mentioned titles in Ford and Puddlestone which is how I have made the connection between William and John .I would very much like to establish  who John father was there seems to be quite a few Patteshall in that area william and John being popular names. Can anyone help please

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Patteshall puddlestone
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 29 September 13 18:45 BST (UK) »
Could the Ford refer to Ford Abbey to the south of Pudlestone and north of Docklow http://www.britishlistedbuildings.co.uk/en-150549-ford-abbey-pudlestone

It also shows on the 1888 layer of the old maps site http://www.old-maps.co.uk/maps.html

Kay

Offline LMP

• RootsChat Member
  • --
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 01 October 13 17:54 BST (UK) »
Thank you . I had read about Ford Abbey it was a farm at one time so it could be a possibility
Kind Regards Liz

Offline EHDD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 01 October 13 18:01 BST (UK) »
Liz.

I have also been researching the Pateshall’s of Puddlestone since I am descended from Susannah the daughter of John Pateshall and Ann Davies.
My research from ‘Family Search’ gives me a christening date of 20 January 1669 for John, he also had a brother William and sister Susanna. His parents were John Pateshall and  Susanna nee Whittington. Detailed research into the family was undertaken by the late Michael Miller QC. His son very kindly forwarded a copy of a summary of his late father’s research which confirms my findings and also details further sources which I have yet to investigate. Both Michael Miller and myself have concluded that John’s father was a John Pateshall. This now gives a William Pateshall as John’s grandfather.
I would be very interested to know the source for John born 1654?
I hope this is helpful to you.

Helen.

Offline LMP

• RootsChat Member
  • --
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 13 October 13 12:25 BST (UK) »
Hello
Sorry in the delay I have only just picked up your message.
John Patteshall date of birth is estimated, however the following is taken from wills
John Patteshall m Ann Davies of Clun
Children John 1692-1748 have seen a copy of his will.Elizabeth 1695-1776 m Rev John Wood
Susanna 1697 m Goodere had three daughters and Mary 1698 (My 4 great Grandmother)Ann brother was the Rev John Davies DD who's will you can read on line and gives a lot of information.I have not established who John parents were although you info might make sense. In John 1692-q1748 will it mentions a uncle William and names several cousins. Looking forward to hearing what you think! One thing I should mention is a connection with the ford Puddlestone
Kind Regards Liz

Offline Cherryexile

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 17 November 14 12:09 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

Would you happen to know the name of the Goodere that Susanna married?

Susanna 1697 m Goodere had three daughters

Thank you.

Neil
Dineley, Dyneley, Dingley, Dyngley, Dyngeley, Impey, Honeysett, Innes,

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 17 November 14 13:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Neil,
one of the original posters on this thread may see this, but in the meantime familysearch has the following christenings in puddlestone  to Thomas Goodere and Susanna

mary 18 april 1720
Elizabeth 7 may 1724
Susanna 4 may 1722

mike

Offline Cherryexile

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 17 November 14 17:31 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Mike
Dineley, Dyneley, Dingley, Dyngley, Dyngeley, Impey, Honeysett, Innes,