Author Topic: christchurch parish records Troke, Everleigh, monday, Biddlecombe and Brereton  (Read 3391 times)

Offline bonn1e

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: christchurch parish records Troke, Everleigh, monday, Biddlecombe and Brereton
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 15 October 14 12:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Hobby Horse,
John lives in Wick lane Christchurch,if you like I will try to contact him for you .He never married but I believe he had a sister,can you give me some names that he may know from his childhood circa 1930/1940 as he is in his eighties.His family ran a milk delivery round from the same address until John gave that up and converted the shop into a sweet shop for many years.If there is some way that I can establish if he is indeed a relative of yours please let me know ie a common connection of some sort that he would recognise.
Bonnie

Offline hobbyhorse

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: christchurch parish records Troke, Everleigh, monday, Biddlecombe and Brereton
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 15 October 14 14:00 BST (UK) »
Hello Bonnie
Thank you for your kindness. This may sound amazing, but I have just looked at my census documents for the Trokes in 1861 and 1871......guess where they are living.....unbelievably they are living in Wick Lane !!! I can't believe the address still exists.

From my side of the Trokes : Frances Harriet Troke born in 1859 and died in 1942. She married William charles Read in 1878 in Christchurch. their son John Albert read was my great grand father.
The Reads also lived in Christchurch and I am trying to find them. In 1911 Frances Harriet was living at 2 Priory Road with her husband and children.

Frances Troke's parents were George and Caroline. George and Caroline were living in Wick road in 1861. George was a bricklayer.

I have just found a herbert Troke age 20 in  the 1911 census, occupation: driver of milk cart. He is not yet married and is living with his parents at 34 wick lane. Maybe this was John Troke's father.

My Frances Harriet had a brother called Sidney George and a sister called Susannah.

There are a lot of Troke descendants living in Hampshire and it would be very nice to  see if John Troke knows anything.

Kind regards
Hobbyhorse  (Anne)

Offline bonn1e

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 15 October 14 16:21 BST (UK) »
Well ! Hobby Horse, it sounds promising indeed.I will have to study all the names you have given me and use the latest ones such as Herbert Troke that John may well recall, possibly he might be his Grandfather it sounds likely dosent it.I will look in more detail at your email tonight and write down the appropriate names and then see if I can catch John at home tomorrow.
Hopefully you may well have a connection to John I cross my fingers for you it could be a good break through in your research I would be so glad if it is.One thing I will say about John is that he is a kind and gentle man and always chuckling everybody who knows him likes him indeed he is a bit of a character around Christchurch.I will do my best,email you tomorrow
Bonnie

Offline Marco B

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 02 April 16 14:15 BST (UK) »
Hello. Curiosity has made me stumble upon your posts. I was raised by John's sister Mary who died almost 5 years ago. The info is correct, their father was Herbert, John turned Herbert's dairy in Wick Lane into a small grocer shop which is now long closed and I think may sadly be part of a car park now. The last contact I had John still lived in Wick Lane next door to the dairy / grocer shop. Although I have lost contact with Mary's family in recent years she had 3 sons and if you are still interested I can pass you their contact details. Regards.

Offline jobyjo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 02 April 16 17:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Marco, it is Hobby Horse who was enquiring about John Troke, and I put them in touch with each other as I have known John for many years, I don't know what the outcome was but you may be better off contacting Hobby Horse, I know that they were contacting each other but that is all, for your information, John sold the shop which is now a Barbers, he still lives in Wick Lane Christchurch, but he is now in his late eighties, good luck.