Author Topic: Penninghame MI's  (Read 18196 times)

Offline cupcake

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My G Grandfather - Robert Johnstone Moffat
    • View Profile
Penninghame MI's
« on: Monday 09 July 12 13:17 BST (UK) »

I have the Penninghame Old Kirkyard MI's - if anyone would like me to do a search.

cupcake
Moffat- Mein - Titterington - Kidman

Offline amg2512

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Penninghame MI's
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 06 October 12 16:58 BST (UK) »
Hello Cupcake

Hope your offer still stands for penninghame, can't believe no one has responded.   I have to be a bit vague since don't have access to my tree at this time, however if it's not too much trouble my Family of McCullochs, McNairn & Mckie are from this area, in particular the McCullochs who lived at Glasserton for many, many years.

Many thanks
Alison

Offline Scott_M

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 06 October 12 23:33 BST (UK) »
Hi amg,
I have McCullochs in My Family from Kircolm area.. I know a little bit away from Glasserton, If you have any links to Kircolm with McCullochs happy to have a look at my Tree and compare..
Hey I know there are a load of McCullochs in Wigtownshire..

Hey Cup Cake, If you have a little time to spare I would be grateful for you to have a look if any Morlands or McMorlands are in the MIs - Thanks

Best regards
Scott Morland
NZ

Offline cupcake

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 07 October 12 11:05 BST (UK) »
Hello Alison,

There are no MI's for McNairn. These are the MI's for McCulloch and Mckie.

McCullochs:

Erected by Arthur McCULLOCH in memory of his beloved wife Jane McKIE who died on the 31st January 1884 aged 67 years also his daughterMary who died on the 22nd July 1884 aged 31 years also the above Arthur McCULLOCH who died at Killiemore on the 29th August 1885 aged 70 years, also Thomas MOODIE their son - in -law who died at Killiemore 21st May 1891 aged 33 years, also James MOODIE son of the above who died 7th January 1891 aged 3 years and seven months, also Thomas James MOODIE son of the above Thomas MOODIE  who died 8th 1929  aged 36 years.

Errected by Mary McCORMICK in memory of her husband Alexander McCULLOCH late farmer in Glenhowl who died 22 January 1847 aged 62 years. Also the above Mary McCormick who died at Barraer on the 30th March 1861 aged 78 years.

Erected by James McCULLOCH Auchenmaig In memory of his wife Jane McCLELLAND who died 5th September 1819 aged 39 years also of his son William who died 9th June 1820 aged 8 years.

Erected by James RANKIN in memory of  of his beloved son Robert who died 21st March 1884 aged 17 years and 10 months.  Also Elizabeth McCULLOCH wife of the erector who died at Balvett 26th Feby 1890 aged 67 years also the above James RANKIN who died at Stranraer 12th Decr 1895 aged 63 years.

Erected by Isabella TRIMBLE in memory of her husband John McCULLOCH who died 15th May 1863 aged 58 years also the above Isabella TRIMBLE who died 12th Jan. 1875 aged 72 years.

Erected by Jane JARDINE in memory of her sister Isabella McCULLOCH wife of David McKELVIE who died at Wigtown 19th Decr 1894 aged 50 years. Aso the above David McKELVIE who died at Wigtown 19th Decr 1894 aged 53 years "Not lost but gone before"

McKIE:

In memory of Agnes McKIE wife of John WADE who died 11th April 1877 aged 78 years Also the above John WADE  who died 3rd November 1878 aged 77 years. Also their grandson John WADE who died 3rd March 1874  aged 21 years also their children who died in in infancy.

Tiny sandstone  Erected by J.McKIE  In memory of his wife  E. WHANEL  who died 1838 aged  73 years Also the above James McKIE  who died 2nd Feb 1847 aged 85 years.

Hope the MI's help in your search.

cupcake

Offline cupcake

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 07 October 12 11:10 BST (UK) »

Hi Scott,

There are no Morland or McMorland MI's for Penninghame Old Kirkyard.

cupcake

Offline ankerdine

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Unknown Scottish relatives sisters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 07 October 12 22:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Cupcake

It's a great thing you are doing.

If you find any Marshalls or Williamsons in Penninghame I should appreciate hearing about them. Every little helps as you may know. ;)

Thanks,

Judy
Blair, Marshall, Williamson - Ayrshire, Wigtownshire
Saxton, Sketchley - Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire
Brown, Green - Rutland
Hawker, Malone, Bradbury, Arnott, Turner, Woodings, Blakemore, Upton, Merricks - Warwickshire, Staffordshire
Silvers, Dudley, Worcs
Deakin - Staffordshire

Offline cupcake

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 08 October 12 10:15 BST (UK) »
Hello Judy,

You can sometimes find interesting information from headstones.

Marshall:

Sacred to the memory of Alexander RODIE Esq. J.P. Dashwood, Newton Stewart who died there on 4th April 1872 1872 aged 80 years. Also Agnes MARSHALL  his wife who died at Dashwood on 30th April 1879 aged 84 years.

Erected by James GARDNER in memory of Janet MARSHALL his wife who died25th Aug 1829(?) aged 42 years.

Williamson:

Flat table In memory of James HEWETSON in Barr who died October27th 1826 aged two years. Also Jane WILLIAMSON his wife of Tynron, Dumfriesshire who died at Barr July 15th 1828 aged 39(?) years and of the said James HEWETSON who died at Auchenbrenzie(?) 16th August 1833(?) aged 69 years and was interred at Penpont Church yard.

Erected by John HEWETSON, farmer, Baltersan in memory of his daughter Marion who died 9th September 1838 aged 6 years. And his son John who died 1st March 1840  aged 13 years. Also his daughter Elizabeth 8th January 1851 in the 11th year of her age. Also of the above John HEWETSON who died at Baltersan on the 13th September 1863 aged 75 years. Also Elizabeth WILLIAMSON wife of the above James HEWETSON who died at Baltersan on the 8th June 1874 aged 78 years.Also of their son George who died at Newton Stewart 3rd September 1874 aged 38 years. Also Samuel WILLIAMSON their son who died at Glencar, Dumfriesshire 28th Dec 1874 aged 46 years. Also their son William who died at Riverside, California 19 September 1887 aged 57 years. Also of their son Joseph who died at Baltersan 31st October 1893 aged 55 years. Also of their son James who died at Riverside, California  29th Nov 1908 aged 74 years. On the back of the stone Also  Marion daughter of the above John Hewetson  and wife of James MORE M.D. who died at Rothwell, Kettering 14th Nov 1911 aged 71 years.

Erected by JamesWILLIAMSON in memory of his mother Ellen GIBSON who died at Knowe Village 30th Dec 1870 aged 73 years also his father David WILLIAMSON who died at Konwe Village 20th April1874 aged 84 years. Also the above James WILLIAMSON who died at Knowe Village 6th November 1890 aged 70 years. Also Ellison WIGHT his wife who died at Knowe Village 26th March 1910 aged 90 years Also Margaret SMITH WILLIAMSON  died 1st March 1943 aged 90 years. Also Jeanie WIGHT WILLIAMSON died at Lochans 1st March 1948 aged 90 yers.

cupcake

Offline amg2512

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 08 October 12 11:47 BST (UK) »
Hello Cupcake

Thank you very much for the time you spent looking for my McCulloch's, McNairns & McKie's, unfortunately none of the above appear to be mine, sad, I was so looking forward to adding some more leaves to my tree.   My lot just seem to disappear without a trace.

Thanks again
Alison

Offline amg2512

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 08 October 12 11:49 BST (UK) »
Hello Scott

My McCullochs all hail from Glasserton I'm afraid, You would think I'd be able to find out more about them just because they did stay still!

Regards
Alison