Author Topic: CRAZE Information if anyone wants it  (Read 64004 times)

Offline izcatt

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: CRAZE Information if anyone wants it
« Reply #72 on: Monday 18 April 11 22:24 BST (UK) »
HI, new to to this today, i have seen your messages in regard to CRAZE i was wondering if the Thomas Craze you wrote about might be related to my Great Grandad Thomas Nankervis Craze born 1893 and his mother Margaret m Craze born 1856 during the 1901 they were sevants to a family named Edwards. Thanks
Look forward to hearing from you
Anna
Hi Anna,, new to Rootschat today, so can't p.m.  Margaret Craze was my gg grandmother, Thomas Nankervis Craze my gt g uncle; I am the g granddaughter of Margaret's elder illegitimate son Roberts Edwards Craze, brother to your Thomas Nankervis Craze.  It would be good to get in touch, although I can see your post is almost 4 years old! Jo

Hi cornish jo, just been looking up information for my 91 y.o grandad as he never knew who his grandad was! Just read your comment and saw that you mentioned margaret craze, robert craze and thomas craze from st. ives. my grandads father was robert. Did Margaret and thomas nankervis craze stay together for long? we were under the impression margaret never married as in the cencus she is always stated as single!? i could never find any information about him and am wondering why my grandads dad didnt mention anything to him...do you have any more information? so glad i found your comment!! xx

Offline cornish jo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday 19 April 11 05:15 BST (UK) »
Hi izcatt!

Great to hear from you, I believe I know who you are, even though I have never met you, not that I recall.  Our mothers are first cousins, I've some lovely photo's here (from my Nana) of her, your grandad and their two other sisters taken in the late 1930's early 1940's from where they were born, I know you know where that is.  I've been doing quite a bit of work on the Craze's as late, and I am in contact with some very distant cousins.  As you are probably aware your grandad's sister will be 91 next month, my grandmother.  Margaret Penberthy Craze never did marry, and g grandfather Robert's birth certificate (if you do not have it) does not mention a father, but is interesting none the less.  I'll send you a pm with my email address so we can discuss further and share info!

Jo

xx
CRAZE - St Ives, Cornwall
HICKS, St Erth & Lelant Cornwall
CARLYON - Breage, Cornwall
PERRY - Gwennap, Cornwall
PHILLIPS - Crowan, Cornwall
FLOOD - Honiton, Devon
WESCOMB - Exeter, Devon
LEE - Honiton, Devon
MAYES - Norfolk

Offline cornish jo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday 19 April 11 06:49 BST (UK) »
Izcatt

Can't PM you again, max limit, but looking at my paper notes, I know your name now, not the one I said in the PM. :P

CJ
FLOOD - Honiton, Devon
WESCOMB - Exeter, Devon
LEE - Honiton, Devon
MAYES - Norfolk

Offline ac1

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday 15 February 12 15:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi izcatt!

Great to hear from you, I believe I know who you are, even though I have never met you, not that I recall.  Our mothers are first cousins, I've some lovely photo's here (from my Nana) of her, your grandad and their two other sisters taken in the late 1930's early 1940's from where they were born, I know you know where that is.  I've been doing quite a bit of work on the Craze's as late, and I am in contact with some very distant cousins.  As you are probably aware your grandad's sister will be 91 next month, my grandmother.  Margaret Penberthy Craze never did marry, and g grandfather Robert's birth certificate (if you do not have it) does not mention a father, but is interesting none the less.  I'll send you a pm with my email address so we can discuss further and share info!

Jo

xx

Hi - new to this but was interested in your message.  I am certain that your Margaret Craze is the sister to my g grandfather (Thos J Craze), youngest son of Abraham and Jane).  Would be interested in any info you might have.  Thanks AC

Offline cornish jo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday 15 February 12 15:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi AC

I have sent you a pm.  Margaret Penberthy Craze was a niece to your Thomas J Craze.  My 3xgt g/f was Abraham, brother to Thomas J and the eldest son of Abraham and Jane.
 ;D
CJ
FLOOD - Honiton, Devon
WESCOMB - Exeter, Devon
LEE - Honiton, Devon
MAYES - Norfolk

Offline trestrail

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Thursday 08 March 12 18:02 GMT (UK) »
Greetings,

You  mentioned UREN.  My grandmother was born Elizabeth Mary Robina Uren on Union St. in Cambourne on August 7 1896.  Her mother was Elizabeth Ellen Penpraze Uren and her father was James Uren.  Elizabeth (Penpraze) and James Uren had 7 children. Norman, Stanley, Elizabeth, Raymond, Gordon, Stuart, and Ruth.

Any connections there? 

Linda Trestrail
Trestrail  - My maiden name -  My Father's side from Hayle
Knight -
Tremlett
Hosking
Powning
Freethy
Matthews
Jenkin
Woolcock
Crocker
Robertson
Holman
Hichens
Badge
Goldsack
Curtis
Uren  - My Mother's side from Cambourne/Gwinear/Wendron/Helston
Gill
Penpraze
Trewin
Hendra
Secombe
Symonds
Edwards
Hocking

Offline Lesanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Saturday 21 April 12 09:59 BST (UK) »
 Hello,

Does anyone here, still have access to the Craze information plz.

Thanks Lesanne
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Berks Bucks Oxon= Norris Coxhead Turner Cox Weston Baston Simpson
Kent= Nicholls Mepstead Watts   Mile End=Craze Wood Bennett
Cork=Howe   NZ=Coxhead   Canada=Fenn Cox Turner

Offline Laguna Girl

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday 17 July 12 19:17 BST (UK) »
Can I still get the CRAZE information?  My ggrandmother was Jecholiah Craze born 1801 to James Craze and Grace Hitchens.  She married Thomas Honey in 1827.  Would appreciate any information.
Northey, Honey, Oates, Trezise, Craze, Jenkin(s), Curtis, Prisk

Offline cg51

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday 26 August 14 04:17 BST (UK) »
I am new to RootsChat, but I'm wondering whether this information about the Crazes is still available, even though these posts are two years old. I am trying to identify the ancestors of my 2xggrandfather, Thomas Craze. He died in 1879 in Illogan, Cornwall. and his death certificate says he was aged 54 (i.e. born about 1824-1825). He married Mary Peters in 1845 in Illogan Parish Church, and his marriage certificate shows his father as William. Any help would be appreciated.