Author Topic: Emma Orme  (Read 9921 times)

Online trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Emma Orme
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 16 February 10 15:42 GMT (UK) »
Yes, It is entirely possible John in 1841 Census is the Brother of Emma!

We really need to know the age of the Sarah Orme that died 1839. It is possibly John and Emmas Mother and that is why she is living with her probable Brother in 1841.

One of the childrens Birth Certs would confirm Elizabeths maiden name. It is possible she was a Widow.

The IGI has a submitted record of William HOLLIS, christened 13 Nov 1803, Lullington, parents John and Sarah ( with batch no)
On the same batch ;D
Elizabeth HOLLIS, 14 November 1814, Lullington, Derby

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline wendyandlaura

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 17 February 10 21:22 GMT (UK) »
Actually looking at your answers John could be her brother i hadnt looked at it that way. There were some old Derbyshire parish records i will have another look at those to see if i can find a maiden name for Sarah and a marriage which could then be much earlier than i was looking.
Thanks Wendy

Offline wendyandlaura

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 17 February 10 21:25 GMT (UK) »
I found the marriage on some old parish records that gave me their fathers names, maybe i will have to send for the certificate to see what his occupation is.
Wendy

Offline wendyandlaura

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 17 February 10 22:28 GMT (UK) »
Have just looked at some old parish records and found a marriage of John Orme married Sarah Staley 20/1/1794, and a birth for John Orme in 1771 in newhall. Could these be Emmas parents.

Offline wendyandlaura

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 19 February 10 09:01 GMT (UK) »
Have found a Sarah Staley born 1767 in Stapenhill but that would make her 59 when she had emma so im not sure. John was born in 1771. I am really struggling with this.

Wendy

Online trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 19 February 10 13:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi again,
Ok. lets back up here.
Do you actually have Emmas Marriage Cert?
Can you post all details including Fathers names and occupations + witnesses, ages of groom and bride.

We know nothing of John and Sarah except they may have had children starting from 1804 to 1826.
Therefore I would be looking for a Marriage abt 1802-1805.
As we don't know where either of them originally came from the Marriage could have taken place in any County.
So John and Sarah's births would be approx 1780.

Trish :)

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline wendyandlaura

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 19 February 10 18:54 GMT (UK) »
i dont have a marriage certificate just got some details from parish records. i will have another look at marriages around 1804. On the records i found i got a John born 1804 with parents John and Sarah and others born from about 1795 with the same parents.

Online trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 20 February 10 01:26 GMT (UK) »
You must get the Marriage Cert. It will have details Parish Records probably wont.

Offline wendyandlaura

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 20 February 10 16:02 GMT (UK) »
I will do that and see what it says

Wendy