Author Topic: Help with finding a child death but don't have christian name!  (Read 1702 times)

Offline Tom 23

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help with finding a child death but don't have christian name!
« on: Friday 28 March 14 12:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Please could anyone help with finding the death of a child of a Thomas McCall and Isabella McCall (nee Scott).

I have so far found their children Thomas, Jeanie (1916-1919), Winifred, Robert and George.

A second family member has now mentioned vague details of one of their children who died. They had sat on the back of a bus and as it pulled away sharply they cracked their head very hard and died as a result.

I know that it definitely wasn't Thomas (b.1915), Winifred (b.1922), Robert or George (both b.1926) as all reached adulthood and I obtained the death certifcate of Jeanie and her death was as a result of enteritis. 

The timeframe for this would have been from around 1915 to 1935 and thought I might find something on familysearch baptisms 1564 to 1950 but nothing seems to come up past late 1800's.

Would appreciate any help.

I know that Thomas and Jeanie were born in Eaglesham and the others in Glasgow.

Offline WILLIAM 1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Help with finding a child death but don't have christian name!
« Reply #1 on: Friday 28 March 14 18:14 GMT (UK) »
you could try the news papers as if this happened on a bus it would be in the papers the daily record was first published in 1895
brown family mcclinton (and variants), mcfarlane, buchanan,murray,caskie(and variants) hay family. mcpherson family.mckenzie.whiteside.nichol

Offline Adelbert

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Help with finding a child death but don't have christian name!
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 03 April 14 22:01 BST (UK) »
My mother in law was born in Greenock in 1920 and she has told me she remembers a boy killed falling from a bus in the area when she was young. She didn't remember any other details. But try  looking on scotlandspeople at the following: James McCall died 1931 Port Glasgow aged 16 born 1915 GROS data no. 574/00 0095. Hope that helps!