Author Topic: Cambridgeshire Library Lookup please - will of Mary Brett  (Read 2263 times)

Offline michelledennis

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Cambridgeshire Library Lookup please - will of Mary Brett
« on: Monday 18 August 14 00:52 BST (UK) »
Hello
I am hoping someone will be able to help me by obtaining a copy of a will of my ggggg grandmother. I have found a reference to her will, but am unable to obtain it from Australia (without huge expense).

The reference is - Will of Mary Brett, Catherington, Hampshire, 24 Oct. 1728

http://janus.lib.cam.ac.uk/db/node.xsp?id=EAD%2FGBR%2F0012%2FMS%20Doc.1196

Thank you so much in advance.

cheers

Michelle Dennis
Melbourne, Australia

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
Re: Cambridgeshire Library Lookup please - will of Mary Brett
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 August 14 02:09 BST (UK) »
You may want to amend your title because this copy Will is held in the University of Cambridge Library, which is completely separate from libraries run by Cambridgeshire County Council which your title implies.  It's worth also bearing in mind that access to University of Cambridge Library is probably going to be more restricted than for a normal county council library or archives.

You may want to try and trace the Will to where the original is held, which will most likely be in Hampshire.  You may find that less expensive to obtain yourself or possibly someone with access to Hampshire Archives (if that is where it is held, I don't know for definite) could possibly do a lookup.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline michelledennis

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cambridgeshire Library Lookup please - will of Mary Brett
« Reply #2 on: Monday 18 August 14 02:39 BST (UK) »
thanks - that's a great idea.