Author Topic: charles wolstenholme abt 1740 ish  (Read 1995 times)

Offline ANGIE81

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
charles wolstenholme abt 1740 ish
« on: Tuesday 04 November 14 18:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi I have managed to trace my tree back to Charles Wolstenholme married to Elizabeth Walker in Liverpool st Nicholas church on 2nd September 1764, states he is a bachelor over 21 years so I'm guessing his date of birth, can find no baptisms of a Charles Wolstenholme in Liverpool, nearest I can find is a Charles Wolstenholme christened in Neston on 22 Aug 1740, I then can trace that family back  a bit further but I'm unsure if I'm right so I'm asking for help please, there is a long line of Wolstenholme's going right back in Neston but don't know if these are the right ancestors of mine? Rumour in the family has a connection to Wolstenholme square in Liverpool, if anyone can help with this Wolstenholme query I'd be grateful, I'm sure of the family line right back until Charles and Elizabeth.

Thankyou.

Offline spotter2015

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: charles wolstenholme abt 1740 ish
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 11 January 15 12:16 GMT (UK) »
Have you seen this 18th century view of the square. ?
http://www.zazzle.com.au/wolstenholme_square_circa_1700s_early_1800s_postcard-239246558943569820

BTW - I'm thinking land and property records, a development like that could be expected to leave those sorts of records, and somebody with the finances to be involved in a project like that would have left a will.