Author Topic: DESPERATELY seeking Langwell/Earl Sutherland link in time!  (Read 3165 times)

Offline 45woodhouse

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
DESPERATELY seeking Langwell/Earl Sutherland link in time!
« on: Thursday 06 September 12 11:18 BST (UK) »
 Hope this beginner in right place now! Need to find links between our ancestor Donald Sutherland, Tacksman of Darkness, Mid Clyth (b 4.9.1720) and Donald Na Pallaig, Head of the Langwell Sutherlands, in time to show my Great Aunt for her Golden Wedding present at the END SEPTEMBER - she has always wanted to have her Caithness family tree for definite, and a Caithness Reverend earlier in the family made the claim. I can't read the parentage of the above Donald Sutherland from 'Scotlandspeople', and neither Dunrobin nor Langwell House have been able to help. Really don't want to let my aunt down - PLEASE help, someone, as feel helpless!

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: DESPERATELY seeking Langwell/Earl Sutherland link in time!
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 06 September 12 11:29 BST (UK) »
  I can't read the parentage of the above Donald Sutherland from 'Scotlandspeople', and neither Dunrobin nor Langwell House have been able to help.

Do Scotland'sPeople not have the record, or do you find it illegible?

Put it on deciphering help if it's not legible. And do not be disappointed if there is no link.
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Online MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: DESPERATELY seeking Langwell/Earl Sutherland link in time!
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 06 September 12 13:59 BST (UK) »
I am going to lock this post for now as there is a duplicate post with more replies here www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,614153.0.html

Always good to just have one post, at any time, on the same topic to avoid duplication of searches.... :)

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk