Author Topic: Bacich Family, San Pedro  (Read 10508 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Bacich Family, San Pedro
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 12 January 08 16:09 GMT (UK) »
The marriage certificate in England might have some useful information like his age and father's name.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline murphy60

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 13 January 08 15:36 GMT (UK) »
Sorry Nicola,  the only place to find him with family is 1930 and I've already given you what I've found in that regard.  So unless if you find some additional details for him,  think I'm at the end of my usefulness.   

Get's tricky with recent documents and where there may be living relatives.

If you google for California vital records,   there are numerous sites all of which will probably require payment and may or may not produce what you are looking for.

Here is the official California site.   It looks like you can order "informational" certificates

http://www.cdph.ca.gov/certlic/birthdeathmar/Pages/default.aspx

Also posting here on a surname or locality message board may yield additional help and information.  I've had very good luck here with finding local obits, etc.

http://www.rootsweb.com/

Best of luck in your searchings.

lissa

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 16 January 08 22:28 GMT (UK) »
A search on newspaperarchive.com for Nicholas Bacich and Nick Bacich yielded a few results, including in California.  They have a subscription available for $20 for one week, which is expensive, but might be have some good results.

Offline Isobel21

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 17 December 14 15:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Message for Nicola
Hi Nicola

I was searching for my husband's cousin, who was like a brother to him when he was younger, (*) Bacich. My husband is Tony Smith. I was searching for (*) and your conversation on roots.com came up. It is the same (*) Bacich!. Tony's Mother was Ivy Luddington and was the sister of (*)'s Mother. My husband has been desperate to find out where (*) is and what happened to him, he knows he went to America and that his father died shortly before he got there. (*) was also very close with my husband's father, Les Smith, and we have photos and a postcard from (*) from Alaska.

I was just wondering if you have found out anything further about (*), where he lives, whether he is still alive and about the rest of his family. He was married to a Sioux Indian my husband remembers.

What relation are you to (*), you must be related to my husband Tony in some way?

I hope very much you receive this message and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.  New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 17 December 14 19:18 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Roots Chat, Isobel.  I believe I found information indicating that the man you were looking for is still living, so I edited your post in accordance with RootsChat policy of not mentioning details of living or possibly living people.  If you post two more times, I can send you the information via personal message.

Offline Isobel21

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 18 December 14 03:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Shelly
That's great news!  where do we go from here then?.  We have wondered for so long where he might be.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Offline Isobel21

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 18 December 14 03:15 GMT (UK) »
Hello, also should you take out my husband's name then?  Thanks

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 19 December 14 15:21 GMT (UK) »
I have sent you a personal message.  If it's not your guy, just let me know.

Offline broomepj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 25 January 15 09:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Shelly,
I'm new to this roots chat site however, I am trying to search for the whereabouts of a John Nicholas Bacich (the son of Nick Bacich and Gladys Luddington) as I am Johns son.  I was conceived in 1969 when John was only 23 years old whilst he worked for North Sea Gas and resided with his mother in Edmonton (London).  John at that time had a girlfriend (the details of which I'm keeping confidential to protect her and her family) and it was decided by my paternal mother that I should be put up for adoption to give me a better chance in life.  I was subsequently adopted and the adoption order was passed in December 1969.  I would very much like to trace my paternal family on both the Bacich and Luddington side and any help that roots chat can do for me will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Paul