Author Topic: Robinson Family of Runcorn  (Read 9071 times)

Offline Mass

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robinson Family of Runcorn
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 07 November 09 22:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello. I have discovered that my great grandfather, Edward Sefton Ball married Sarah Ellen Robinson in Runcorn in 1882. Edward lived in Pennington Row Runcorn in 1861 census aged 2. Later living in Nelson Street and then The Rock Frodsham. I wonder if Sarah features in your search? 

Offline Black Sheep

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 23 April 14 17:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Mass,

I have not come across Sarah before but I am guessing there may be a connection.

I know that they were living in Pennington Row between 1856 and at the very least 1871 but could not find them in the 1861 Census. What more do you know of Sarah's parents, were they any of other family members on the 1861 census?

BS
Robinson, Roberts, Roles, Griffiths, Walton, Royle, Chorlton,
Mott, Jones, Greenway, Morris, Bates, Mackay, Colley, Wagstaffe, Rickwood, Winston, Sockett, Bates, Haylock, Winston, Cleminson, Goodwin, Sockett, Bevan, Williams, Bell, Johnson and Dearson.

Offline Mass

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 24 April 14 20:28 BST (UK) »
Hello BS.
According to the 1861 census, Thomas Robinson and wife, Mary, lived at 160 Spring Gardens Runcorn. Thomas was 29 and Mary 22.
daughters Alice aged 4 and Sarah Ellen aged 2.
Edward Ball lived at 147 Pennington Row with his family, aged 2.
I do know that Edward Sefton Ball spent time in Knutsford Prison in 1881.
Edward and Sarah were married 6th November 1882 at Runcorn parish church.
Any other info...email address removed by moderator please use the private message function to exchange private information
Thank you

Offline Black Sheep

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 25 April 14 11:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Mass,

So it was Edward Ball who was living at Pennington Row Runcorn in the 1861 Census and not Sarah Robinson.

I am sorry but at this point I can find no connection to Sarah and Edward Ball.

Regards

BS
Mott, Jones, Greenway, Morris, Bates, Mackay, Colley, Wagstaffe, Rickwood, Winston, Sockett, Bates, Haylock, Winston, Cleminson, Goodwin, Sockett, Bevan, Williams, Bell, Johnson and Dearson.

Offline Black Sheep

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 25 October 21 20:41 BST (UK) »
Hello Mass,

I have since found this wonderful website on the watermen on the Leeds and Liverpool Canal, the Robinson family feature heavily.

http://www.boatfamilies.website/index.php

Scroll down to the bottom where you will find the Robinson surname, I did get some extra information on the family hopefully it may help you too.