Author Topic: Alexander MCLEAN and MARGARET MCBEAN Marriage  (Read 10158 times)

Offline Cathy_Aus

• RootsChat Veteran
  • clendinnen girls early 1900s
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander MCLEAN and MARGARET MCBEAN Marriage
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 04 March 10 21:12 GMT (UK) »
Gday Gordon:)
Thanks for your reply
Do u have this MBEAN/MCLEAN family?As u researching MCBEAN
Regards
Cathy:)
Ireland...Direct Lines
Down..Clendinnen
Clare..Haren, Ryan
Kerry...Doody
Tipperary...Morrisey
Wexford...Clendinnen, Steele, Ellis
Roscommon...Carley, Fallon

France...D'Acre, Went to Ireland some Changed to DEAKER

England Direct Lines
Norfolk: Clamp, Chesney, Atkins, streek
Essex: Mountford, Cornell, Philpott, Hawkes
Wiltshire: Stone, Annetts,

Watt, Toombs, Greville, Revell , Hindmarsh, Williams, Chivell, Collocott, Carle, Bayliss, Berry, Dewsbury, Dungey, Edwards, Gray, Haughton

Offline gordon5

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 04 March 10 21:37 GMT (UK) »
Sadly no. So far as I can tell my McBeans originated on the other side of Loch Ness from Dores in a place called Kiltarlity. Unfortunately my ancestor was called Donald and there are quite a few of them kicking around up there at the time he was born - and no way to isolate which was him. I'm going up there in the summer to visit my family and intend to go to the church to see if the parish records can help.

The Clan McBean website might be able to help - http://www.clanmacbean.net/old/welcome.html - thier genealogist is keen to extend thier knowledge and willing to share information. Another possible source of information is www.ambaile.org.uk I think I extracted all the McBean references from the newspaper archives they hold but there are other areas of research and interest on there. Finally (for now) the Strathnairn webpages relate to lands just to the west of Dores this link - http://www.strathnairn.org.uk/ances.htm - takes you to the genealogy pages on the website with lists of useful webpages. Its a beautiful area with a long an chequered history, but then with Cullden just down the road...

gordon
Steadwood worldwide, Horsburgh, McBean (and variants), Pride, Ross, mostly in the Lothian and Borders area, Ingles and variants from Buckie, Wilson, Stoddart.

Offline gordon5

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 02 January 12 19:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cathy - if you're still around of course! I'm just getting back into the genealogy (its winter here of course) and reviewing my old posts and lines of interest. I found this site with regard to the McLeans

http://www.houseofnames.com/mclean-family-crest

Hope its of some use!

Gordon
Steadwood worldwide, Horsburgh, McBean (and variants), Pride, Ross, mostly in the Lothian and Borders area, Ingles and variants from Buckie, Wilson, Stoddart.

Offline belem

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 30 April 14 12:36 BST (UK) »
I wonder if any one has information about relations of Alexander McLean [married 1754 to Margaret McBean in Inverness]?  We are trying to track down a Kenneth Mclean born circa 1752 [see http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=495536.0], who first appears in the English records when married in Loftus, North Yorkshire in 1787. There are no previous records for him in England and searches in Scotland have not turned anything up yet.  He was believed to have come from the Inverness area.  Interestingly, the name Alexander continues in Kenneth's line, through his youngest son, Alexander, and through subsequent grandchildren.  So I was wondering if there might be some connection through 'your' Alexander Mclean [married 1754], and 'our' Kenneth, who appears mysteriously in North Yorkshire by 1787, perhaps through a paternal uncle.
Kind regards
Belem