Author Topic: richard tutty  (Read 7926 times)

Offline tom-dick

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
richard tutty
« on: Monday 30 May 11 06:06 BST (UK) »
looking for any information on richard tutty,he was a carpenter from naas,he married in1885 to anne tutty,he was a widower, any information on his first wife very welcome, his father was thomas tutty,he was c. of i.thanks you in advance, tom

Offline Closed Account

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: richard tutty
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 31 May 11 20:36 BST (UK) »
Check the Irish Family History Foundation's website under Kildare and you will find a couple of possible birth records for Thomas Tutty the father (ca. 1839-1844).  Note that they charge a fee to access the files though.  Also, you should use the free login to the Kildare Observer newspaper archives website and search for your family.  I just searched on Richard Tutty, and there are a couple of articles you will want to read.  One mentions him and his wife Anne in a court case, and another mentions the death of their son Thomas.

I don't recall the policies about adding links on here, but both of the sites I mentioned can be found easily through Google.  Good luck.

Offline tom-dick

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 June 11 18:48 BST (UK) »
thank you very much for the help,a very colourful family,i am amazed that you found them.i have been reading them for hours.the children were in court at a very young age aswell.once again thanks,tom

Offline Cresetta

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 19 February 12 21:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Richard, this is the message I read,what had the childern done ...?thanks Cresetta

Offline tom-dick

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 06 August 13 17:58 BST (UK) »
i have found out that richard tutty first wife was jane and she died in 1883,their son also died in 1883 aged 19.they lived in a place called ivy lodge,naas.what type of place was this?i.e.is it a rental home or a hospital?they were c.o.i.is their a c.o.i.graveyard in naas?i have written to the c.o.i.church in naas but never recieved a reply.any help with this very grateful.thank you in advance,tom

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 06 August 13 18:41 BST (UK) »
There is a business address on Google maps in Naas with Ivy Lodge in it, Friary Road Newhall Naas, there are quite a few results on the Kildare Observer for Ivy Lodge (there were quite a few Ivy Lodge's around the county) a lot to look through but the first one is
Ivy Lodge
to be let
containing Parlour, Bedrooms, Kitchen, Coal Cellar and all necessary accommodation.
Apply to:
Mrs Whittle
Railway Hotel
Naas
Oct 5 1895

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 06 August 13 19:18 BST (UK) »
Ivy Lodge appears to have been leased by a Miss Stanistreet from that point, a teacher for girls.

John's death does appear however
Kildare Observer June 16 1883
Tutty june 11 at Naas, after a short illness, John William, dearly loved and only son of Richard and Jane Tutty aged 20 years.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 06 August 13 19:35 BST (UK) »
http://kildare.co/keyword-search.asp?Keyword=Naas&Search=Search

This site says the headstones in all these cemetery's have been transcribed but to where I can't figure out.

Offline tom-dick

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 09:57 BST (UK) »
thank you ,sinann for your help.re-letting the house at that time as i believe they left the area around then,he was also a prison warder in naas prison.i tried to look at the graveyard index but also could not make head or tail of it.i would assume that they were buried in one of the two church of ireland graveyards,once again thank you for your help,tom