Author Topic: Farrell / Seery Family Naas/Roscommon kildare  (Read 3678 times)

Offline sinead au

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Farrell / Seery Family Naas/Roscommon kildare
« on: Friday 23 November 12 02:20 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for my fathers sisters and brothers - my aunts and uncles, nephews and nieces. 

My father was Martin Joseph Farrell born 6.8.31 at Curragh Camp
Fathers father (my grandfather) was John Farrell listed at Clarke Barracks - Private Army dob possible 27.4.1885 Naas. Kildare. I believe John died at a young age (early 40;s) cannot find records

Fathers mother (my grandmother) was Esther Seery - youngest of a large family - I belive Esther died late 30s but cant discover cause of death. I have  traced this line back to 1700/s ) all Roscommon

if anyone wants info on Seerys or who can help me to find my relatives
please contact me

Sinead * (UK) now living in Australia but want to meet my relatives, Seery and Farrell side.
I am the eldest child of Martin Joseph Farrell (deceased). and *, they were married at Pro Catholic cathedral sept 1956 and had a first son called John who died.

Moderator Note : Details of living people removed as per RootsChat privacy policy.

Offline Kamilla

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Farrell / Seery Family Naas/Roscommon kildare
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 October 13 23:46 BST (UK) »
Your dad would have been born at the Family's Hospital Curragh Camp and his birth registered at Naas Reg office Pe As long ago

Offline Kamilla

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Farrell / Seery Family Naas/Roscommon kildare
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 06 October 13 23:55 BST (UK) »
Page slip. Naas Registry office Popular Square Naas. As a matter of interest the address may have changed to another location but the post office redirects. Looks like this family lived in Married quarters Curragh Camp co Kildare where any births & deaths are registered in Naas. Roscommon is a long way away. Lots of Seerys and Farells still around there.
Also look at the Curragh History -proboards. Register and post your question. Lots of old soldiers and their children who grew up there who may even know your dad.