Author Topic: HARDIE/FLEMING help please  (Read 1214 times)

Offline heatherwalsh

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
HARDIE/FLEMING help please
« on: Wednesday 01 October 14 10:30 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone, I am looking for the parents of ROBERT HARDIE and JEAN FLEMING, who married on the 13/2/1795, in KILSYTH, STIRLING.  ROBERT was age 20 at time of marriage.  Any help greatly appreciated.    Thank you.   Kind regards from Heather.

oh, the 4 children I have for them so far are, Robert 1812, james 1814, William 1817 and james 1819, all born Cumbernauld dumbartonshire. james 1819 being my 3x grandfather.

Offline Br1gau

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: HARDIE/FLEMING help please
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 October 14 19:55 BST (UK) »
Hello Heather,

You say that Robert Hardie was 20 at the time of his marriage, i.e. born in 1774 - 1775.  How certain are you of this; do you have any further evidence that might help locate him?

brigau

Offline bairn359

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 10 October 14 12:55 BST (UK) »
familysearch website also has another child listed - an earlier James Hardie christened 3 June 1798 Cumbernauld father Robert Hardie mother Jean Fleming

A possible christening that might fit for your Jean Fleming on 18 September 1774 at Falkirk father James Fleming mother Janet Wilson
Marks (cornwall, devon), Pennie (stirlingshire),
Robertson (perthshire, scotland), Swanston (roxburghshire, berwickshire)

Offline heatherwalsh

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 11 October 14 13:31 BST (UK) »
hello there, from memory I got his marriage off sp and it said age 20 at time of marriage.   there are trees for this family on ancestry having people going further back,  but I don't think they are 100% correct.  I  am trying to make sure.  I will go back through my notes and put the record on here within the next few days.    thank you for reply

cheers heather