Author Topic: Samuel Bellamy Knight  (Read 4429 times)

Offline christmack

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel Bellamy Knight
« Reply #9 on: Monday 27 January 14 20:32 GMT (UK) »

Thank you Kay for getting that information for David and his wife. I'll pass it on to them and show them how to use this website so that they can continue on with their research.

Thank you again for taking the time to look up the Knight family. Cheers from Australia, Christine
ATTRILL    (Isle of Wight)
BULL        (I of W)
COLLINGWOOD (Lincs, Eng)
ERHAR(D)T (Baden,Germany)
HAIDLE     (Wurt, Germany)
HENNESEY (Limerick}
HORWOOD (Isle of Wight)
JUDD        (I of W)
KREUTZMANN(Lubeck-West & Gustrow-East Germany)
LAWLOR (Lim, Ire)
LENEY     (Sussex,Eng)
MACKAY  (Suth, Scot)
MCKEON (Ros, Ire)
NEWIN    (I of W)
NICHOLSON (Ross, Scot)
O'BRIEN (Tipp, Ire)
PAXFORD (Oxford,  Eng)
ROWDEN (M/sex,Eng
SMITH (Hants)
TURNER (Surrey & M/sex, Eng)D
WULFRATH (Gustrow - East Germany)

Offline zapcon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 04 February 14 10:19 GMT (UK) »
Kay, Christine, Thankyou both so much for tying to establish some facts about my wife's grandfather Samuel Belamy Knight.
Kay, Are you in a position to establish where I can find out the names & number of Children that Samuel and Ellen Knight had? Or point me in the right direction. My wife believes there was 10 but is not sure if they all survived to maturity or even if the following names are correct. John Francis KNIGHT; Phyllis May KNIGHT; Iris KNIGHT; Janet KNIGHT; Joan KNIGHT; Walter KNIGHT; Peter KNIGHT;(Peter is my father in law deceased). I have tried searching on Ancestry.com and My Heritage to no avail. Possibly my inexperience. Thanks to Christine again for giving me this opportunity to join RootsChat and I hope make my first post. Cheers David

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 04 February 14 19:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello David and welcome to RootsChat

You know from the 1911 census how many children the couple had by 1911.  They stayed in Worcester based on Samuel B Knight's later death in Worcester

FreeBMD is a free site that you can use to search for other births http://www.freebmd.org.uk

After 1911 the mother's name is also included and searchable on this index.  Searching on births from 1911 with surname Knight and mothers maiden name Mills.   I make it 8 more children which I think with the two born pre 1911 (John Francis and Phyllis May) makes 10 in total

Arthur 1915,  Walter 1916,   Janet 1919, James 1921,  Iris M 1923,  Joan 1925,  Peter 1927  Grace 1929 and Clare 1931   

Hope this helps and good luck  Kay

Edit - You can search for their possible deaths or marriages on the same site or other sites you have tried

Offline zapcon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 04 February 14 23:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello Kay,

Many thanks for your reply, assistance and advice. Will definitely give the freeBMD site a go.
When searching for births is it best to use the mothers maiden name or married name?
Hope it has stopped raining!

Cheers
David

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 05 February 14 04:26 GMT (UK) »
It only works (for births post) with the husband's surname and the wife's maiden name. It can be more of a problem if the mother has married more than once! 

I hear on local tv last night that this wet weather pattern will stay for the month :(

Kay