Author Topic: Alfred Sykes (sikes)  (Read 7459 times)

Offline jancan

• RootsChat Member
  • My Family Tree
    • View Profile
Re: Alfred Sykes (sikes)
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 26 June 14 13:09 BST (UK) »
Hi John.
Havern't been on here for a long time.
Your grandfather was my great uncle small world.
My grandfather was Frederick Freeman Born Thringstone 1884.
he was the eldest of 10 maybe 11 children.
If I can help in anyway please get in touch'
Regards Jan.
Researching
 JAYES/JAYS/FREEMANS/ BIGGS/ ALLEN/SYKES HUCKNELL NOTTINGHAM/THRINGSTONE/WHITWICK/COALVILLE LEICESTERSHIRE/ FINEDON NORTHAMPTONSHIRE SURREY/SUSSEX MOOREY/RAGGETT

Offline judyflute

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 05 July 14 23:14 BST (UK) »
I have Alfred Sykes born c1887 on my family tree, he is my 5th cousin 3 times removed so is a very distant relation. I do not have his baptism but his parents were John Sykes (bap 4 Mar 1849) in Whitwick and Annie (born Codnor, Derbyshire), Alfred's siblings were Frederick, Ann, John and William, they were born in Codnor while Alfred was born in Thringstone. Alfred also had 2 half siblings as his father married again.
John Sykes born 1849 was the s/o John Gains Sykes (1810 Loughborough) and Mary Bradley and this John was the s/o Nicholas Sikes and Sarah Gains of Loughborough. Nicholas married 2 Sarah's in Loughborough, he and his 3rd wife Mary then moved to Thringstone. Nicholas was a butcher.
Hope this helps,
Judy
Shropshire: ELLISON, PORTER, ASTBURY, LOWE, BOTFIELD, WYCHERLEY, LEE, BICKERTON

Staffordshire:ELLISON, COPE, LEE, ASTBURY,TAYLOR, JEFFRIES, PIPER, TAFT, ROBINS, GRIFFITHS, TRUBSHAW, HARRISON, APPLEBY

Leicestershire: TAYLOR, SYKES, PEGG

Oxfordshire : UPTON, SAVAGE, NICHOLLS, WATKINS, CARTER, PARGITER, WING

Hampshire: JEFFERY, MARSHALL, BUDD, BARTHOLOMEW

Northamptonshire: ROBINS, MOLSHER RIVETT, FRENCH

Cheshire: ELLISON & BAKER

Warwickshire: WILKS, TOWNSEND, WYCHERLEY, TARVER, WATKINS

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 10 July 14 16:05 BST (UK) »
 :) :) :)Hi
may i jump in on this joan blacky was my grans relation who did the books and alfred .wilfred married joan .wilfred sykes. ,my aunt iris rossel and athur rossel live down the dumps my gran was vera elizabeth page born whitwick 1913 father herbert page born 1872 ruddington notts  ,he came to live in St marys terr whitwick then moved up thornborough road whitwck were he lived in what is now toons scrapyard  he marriedmy grans mother elizabeth ann walker in 1895 her mother was ann walker formerly hurst . they lived green lane whitwick the house is still there its the first one has you go up the lane i have a photo of it my dads cousion dau lives at the farm at the top
Danone