Author Topic: connection  (Read 2070 times)

Offline swampinstein

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
connection
« on: Friday 29 August 14 20:13 BST (UK) »
I was wondering if anyone is related to the Sperry's from Lockington? I'm trying to find out if the Sperry's from Lockington could be related to the Sperry's from Heather Leicestershire.
I can go back to 1567 with Jacob Sperry from Heather but any other searches around that time keeps bringing up Sperry's in Lockington.
Sperry
Leicester
Bagworth
Heather
Prime
Gadsby
spence
Knight

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
Re: connection
« Reply #1 on: Monday 08 September 14 11:35 BST (UK) »
Yes it is very frustrating  :)
 I have a similar brickwall, which I can't go back on my direct line as I can't find her baptism ( so parents) of one of my ?x grandmothers mid 1700s even though there are lots of written records, such as Wills, land records and business paperwork that 'connect' the  two families.

I have started to research the 'other' family and found primary records taking them back much further and am now researching forward and sideways but still no joy, they are a really interesting family but useless if they don't 'belong' to me.

Only thing I can suggest is you is to research sideways each and every male Sperry.
I met a guy at Grace Road some years ago a James Sperry who was a cricketer.
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline swampinstein

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 14 September 14 10:42 BST (UK) »
James the cricketer is in my tree ;D
Sperry
Leicester
Bagworth
Heather
Prime
Gadsby
spence
Knight

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 14 September 14 15:22 BST (UK) »
James the cricketer is in my tree ;D

I met him in the 1980s at Grace Road he presented my son with his trophy, after one of the County Junior cricket matches, also think he was there at some of the training sessions for the County Juniors
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend